CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Entertainment on Ships (
-   -   All the same... (

johnthed0g April 17th, 2010 04:18 PM

All the same...
Having been on several P&O ships we found (OK niave) to our disappointment that the shows were exactly the same on all of them. Very good the first time even the second time .....but after that

Kuki April 17th, 2010 05:16 PM

Assume you are talking about the production shows... and yes, most lines have several that are repeated throughout the fleet.

The production of these shows is expensive so easier to spread that expense. Plus easier to train the entertainers necessary to be able to fill in for vacation times, etc.

The other entertainment can vary, although most sign contracts and sign contracts lengths and fly in to and around different ships.

johnthed0g April 17th, 2010 05:28 PM

Oh I see why....I did say we were niave! P&O have the "headliners" on all ships & I can see why they churn them out to a format.

Bruce Chafkin1 April 22nd, 2010 06:36 PM

I guess spelling NAIVE wrong proves the point.

When people formerly paid large sums of money for a cruise, the lines were able to afford to provide upscale and constantly changing entertainment.

Now that most cruises are aimed at the shopping mall and soccer mom demographics, the entertainment is furst "dumbed down" to appeal to the masses, then re-cycled over and over - very much like the re-runs that show endlessly on American television.

johnthed0g April 22nd, 2010 06:47 PM

I would say naive is an easier word to spell wrongly than say FIRST....

nikind June 2nd, 2010 02:53 AM

I would have to agree with your point.

astor<3 September 1st, 2010 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kuki (Post 1286890)
Plus easier to train the entertainers necessary to be able to fill in for vacation times, etc.

vaction time doesn't exsist for the dancers/singers. unless it's an emergency, then a dancer can leave because we can work them out, but singers - dream on.