CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Entertainment on Ships (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/entertainment-ships/)
-   -   Question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/entertainment-ships/387673-question.html)

Lakers Fan February 13th, 2012 09:14 PM

Question

Do any cruise lines feature passenger tallent shows ? When I was on my second cruise in 1994 they seemed to be popular .

Manuel February 13th, 2012 09:33 PM

I have seen a few, but more often than not they don't seem to have them.

TM

hockeynut February 13th, 2012 09:38 PM

Princess has Princess pop idol (or pop star)...can't remember the name.

It's based on American Idol though. Passengers can sign up to sing any song and then the audience gets to vote on who they want to move onto the next round. Throughout the cruise they will have several rounds with the finals typically on the last night.

Depending on the cruise, it can be a fun event if they have enough participants (that can hopefully sing).

Lakers Fan February 13th, 2012 10:18 PM

I would like to sing . Mrs.Henry43 said if I do she will "head for the hills."

Kuki February 14th, 2012 01:05 AM

Holland America also has a week long "star search" Karoke contest in the Queens Lounge last time I sailed with them; let the audience pick the winner the last night.

KDGodwin February 17th, 2012 03:31 AM

I want to say the last 2 Carnival cruise I went on had a talent show type thing. I remember teasing my husband that we should sing together, and he told me to stick to the Karaoke! lol. I love how Honest my hubby is!! ;)

Moiraine February 17th, 2012 09:31 AM

Yes, Carnival does.

Lakers Fan February 17th, 2012 11:04 AM

When I was on Carnival I don't think there was one .

Moiraine February 17th, 2012 01:07 PM

How long has it been, Henry?

Lakers Fan February 17th, 2012 08:51 PM

Carnival

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moiraine (Post 1415961)
How long has it been, Henry?

18 years ago

Moiraine February 17th, 2012 10:08 PM

So, it's been a while. They have Legends shows now where you try out to be a "famous" person in a show at the end of the cruise. It's always a really fun show. Also, there is karoke in the afternoon in the lounges. You'd have plenty of opportunities to sing.

Lakers Fan February 17th, 2012 10:23 PM

When I was a kid my parents entered me in a sort of American Idol TV show thinking I had a good voice .I was sent home after the audition but I continued to sing .

Moiraine February 17th, 2012 10:26 PM

I like to sing along with the songs as I listen to them...but I can't sing. If you can sing you should go on a cruise that has on of these shows and sign up. You'd enjoy yourself.

Lakers Fan February 17th, 2012 10:29 PM

Moraine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moiraine (Post 1416034)
I like to sing along with the songs as I listen to them...but I can't sing. If you can sing you should go on a cruise that has on of these shows and sign up. You'd enjoy yourself.

My days of being able to sing fairly well are behind me .

Moiraine February 17th, 2012 10:44 PM

Ah well. May if you could carry a tune you could manage. It might still be fun.

Lakers Fan February 17th, 2012 10:45 PM

Nowadays I can only carry a radio :)

cath September 3rd, 2012 10:31 PM

hi! Recently off Carnival Fascination. They had some sort of talent show (maybe called something stars????). they actually had the cruise band and one of the entertainers to sing back up. I was surprised at how good some of the contestants were. And, conversely........... No matter what, I admire their bravery and it looked like they all had fun ;)

Manuel September 3rd, 2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1416039)
Nowadays I can only carry a radio :)

Good one. rofl

TM

belgique September 4th, 2012 12:15 AM

Lately Princess ships have been having "Princess Pop Choir", where a group of 15-20 people who love to sing practice with a Cruise Staff member 3-4 times during the cruise.

They give you lyrics to popular standards, easy choreography, and a lot of help.

Last evening of the cruise (maybe 5:00 p.m.), the choir performs in the Atrium. It's hugely successful and tons of fun for both singers and audience.

Watch the daily newsletter - I did it on the Ruby Princess last November and it was huge fun!

Donna September 13th, 2012 03:46 AM

This must be something new? Haven't heard of this, I bet it was fun for both those singing and those watching... Do they do this on all Princess ships?