CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Entertainment on Ships (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/entertainment-ships/)
-   -   Rock Legends III????? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/entertainment-ships/395016-rock-legends-iii.html)

BiXLL March 8th, 2013 08:05 AM

Rock Legends III?????

Is there any talk or plans for a Rock Legends III cruise? I have never been on a cruise and am in the research phase of going on one, I thinking Jan-Feb of 2014 and the Rock Legends cruises seem like they would be a great experiance?

Lakers Fan March 8th, 2013 09:25 AM

IMHO ,a truly great singer will not appear on a cruise ship as an entertainer .

Dave Beers March 8th, 2013 12:15 PM

Rock Legends III is likely going to happen but they have no dates set. The NAHA people want to take a breather after doing the first two cruises barely a year apart. Their staff is four people in size and in the e-mail they sent out last week they said they were worn out. Plus they want the time to get some more great acts lined up.

Some of the 'truly great' singers and bands on the first two Rock Legends cruises included ZZ Top, George Thorogood, Edgar Winter, Johnny Winter, Paul Rodgers, and Foreigner.

Here is the pertinent part of the e-mail NAHA sent to previous guests:

There is not going to be another RLC in the next 12 months.

Ok. I’ll wait for the screaming, the wailing, the crying, the ranting, the raving, and the railing against the fates to stop. I understand. Everyone in our office has been doing the same thing as we’ve come to this conclusion.

But remember – IT’S ALL GOOD. That’s our motto and we will do everything we can to ensure it remains true.

SO … ON THE UP SIDE! Hang in there with us, this does NOT mean that there will NEVER be another RLC – it just won’t be within the next 12 months and we wanted to let you know as soon as possible so you can make other plans/vacation arrangements.

As most of you are aware, we are a small office and our “day job” is to raise money to help the impoverished people of the Sioux tribes in South Dakota survive on a daily basis. We are not a huge, cruise-producing, for-profit company. It is a lot of time and hard work to put these cruises together with just the 4 staff members in our office. While we love the work, the passengers and sharing the end-result, we are concerned that if we were to rush and just throw together another cruise so quickly, we would end up sacrificing some of the quality you have come to expect from RLC (along with our families, our sleep and our sanity).

We have every intention of continuing to work towards RLC 3. We are aiming for the winter of 2014/2015, but do not currently have any definitive plans, dates, ships, destinations or bands.