Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Entertainment on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Entertainment on Ships All aspects of shipboard entertainment.

View Poll Results: Is this act good for a cruise ship?
Definitely! 1 50.00%
Probably 0 0%
Needs work 1 50.00%
Forget it 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Cool Looking to play on a cruise ship...

I am a sequenced single act, originally from Las Vegas. I am going through a divorce and really want to get away for a while (or forever!) and play a cruise ship! I'm in Dallas and trying to find legitimate booking sources on the internet, but it's not as easy as I hoped. I wondered if I could find some help here. This
is a YouTube link to a live video of my act (I was opening for The Killdares). Please feel free to critique whether or not you think I'd be good cruise ship material. I do over 800 songs in styles from the 50's to today. I do about a half dozen impressions and am very audience interactive (comedy, sing alongs, etc) I also have a large karaoke catalog available if needed. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Familiar Face

If you do get a gig, figure out how you are going to save your money, you will get paid in cash. Also, you need to take your own computer/I-pod/kindle to entertain yourself on your off-hours. You will have very limited storage space sharing crew quarters. One of my students got a gig on Carnival going from Miami to the Bahamas 2 X per week. After a month, he was bored out of his mind playing the same show twice a week. I also have known others who did this and enjoyed it. To be sure you are going to come out with some money, have a way to deposit your cash when you return to U.S. ports.
Old February 19th, 2014, 03:21 AM
First Mate

More and more cruise lines are hiring entertainers directly through their corporate entertainment departments.
If you do a bit of free research on Google, you can easily find the VPs of entertainment for each line (and their contact numbers).