Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2000, 11:32 PM
Kath

Default 2001 Norwegien Fjords

We are considering this cruise in july.I would love any comments from those of you that taken this cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2000, 02:44 AM
Tjukka

Default RE: 2001 Norwegian Fjords

Kath,
This is a fantastic cruise you will love it .We have done this cruise and would do it again in a heart beat.The beauty of the Fjords is unbeliveable you have to see it to understand . This was the first place my husband took me on a vacation and we have done about 7 cruises there. Be sure to buy some strawberries there they are great.Let me know if you have any questions about the ports also let me know what ports you are going to and can give you more information.
Tj
Old September 14th, 2000, 07:17 PM
Passenger

Default RE: 2001 Norwegian Fjords

Kath, This is a beautiful area of Europe to cruise. My husband & I did this several years ago and in late July 2001 we will be hosting a group on the Caronia from Southampton to Scotland, the Faeroe Islands, then north along the coast of Norway (and the fjords) across the Atlantic stopping in Iceland then cruising Atlantic Canada and ending in NYC. We have room for more in our group -- if anyone is interested.
Old September 16th, 2000, 12:42 AM
Admiral

Default RE: 2001 Norwegien Fjords

Kath,

The fjords are absolutely magnificent, especially in March when the whole landscape is covered with snow!

Norm.
Old October 11th, 2000, 09:12 PM
JKeith

You are in for a treat - we did this trip on HAL in 1999, June. It was the best of 12 cruises for my husband and I. The scenery is unbelievable. Every village is clean and unspoiled, just like the Vikings. The cities were interesting, going around the North Cape at the time of the midnight sun was incredible. Cant say enough good things about this trip. Pack clothes similiar to going to Alaska, windbreaker, pants, turtleneck or 2 although some days in the fjords were quite warm, cooler on open ocean. Any other help, just e-mail me.
Old April 3rd, 2001, 02:43 AM
max

This has been my wife's favorite cruise for years...so now we plan to redo it this June 2001 aboard the Amsterdam..taking a back to back following for the Baltic...You should LOVE the Norwegian fjords...a very relaxing cruise...it is scenery you go for, not the shopping or ports as with most cruises...the further north we went, the longer the days until we had 24 hr days...you will love it! Max