Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2001, 08:54 PM
LJ Bear

Default Cruising - Venice

If anyone is taking a cruise take will take them through Venice, you might want to visit <http://www.ljbear.com/Venice/> to see some of the sights.

LJ
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2001, 07:24 PM
jld

Default RE: Cruising - Venice

Really enjoyed all your pictures and narratives on your trips to Spain, Italy, and Turkey. We are going to those 3 places in June on the Golden Princess so I was so excited to see some pictures and get some background information on some of the places we will be visiting. Thanks so much. Judy
Old February 9th, 2001, 06:18 AM
Robin Massie

Default Re: Cruising - Venice

I really liked you site with all the beautiful pictures of Venice. We are sailing on the Celebrity Millenieum in May , and one of our stops is 2 days in Venice. there was a recent 60 minutes show that featured Venice and said that most of the streets are flooded at high tide and even the shops. Did you find this to be true, or was the show exaggerated? Once again I really enjoyed you site.
Thank you, Robin Massie
Old February 9th, 2001, 01:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were in Venice in May of 2000. It was a 2-day stop on a 12 day cruise on the Splendor of the Sea.

We just caught the tail-end of the 60-Min. story on Venice and kicked myself for not tuning sooner. So we didn't get the whole thing.

What I can say is that when we were there, we were able to go anywhere we wanted without trouble. No shops were flooded, etc. However, upon arriving in Venice, we booked a 2 hour tour of the city by water and the guide was talking about the terrible high tides they get occasionally. Everything comes to a complete stop. She told us the frequency of these occurrences, but, like a big dummy, I was not paying her the attention she deserved - I was just overwhelmed by the beauty that was Venice.

You will have a marvelous time on your cruise - enjoy! (Wish we were returning again this year!)

Pooh
=^.^=
Old February 16th, 2001, 07:07 PM
Tony Edgar

The flood problems in venice is a seasonal one.. happens in the
winter.. my wife and I were in venice may of 2000 and there was
lots of water but no flooding.. if you are saling on may 19th
my wife and I will be on millie as well..
Old February 23rd, 2001, 06:47 AM
Robin Massie

Well Tony Edgar look forward to sharing this cruise with you. This will be our 6th cruise, but the first one in europe. We are sooooooo excited, we can hardly stand it. It will be great to see Venice, especially since I heard the flooding will not affect us at this time of the year. See you in May!!!