Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2001, 01:52 PM
Passenger

Default Visas in Eastern Mediterranean

Does anyone have current visa requirements, fees, and procedures for the Eastern Mediterranean? Specifically, I'm interested in requirements for Greece, Turkey, and Egypt. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2001, 03:01 PM
Other Paul

Default Re: Visas in Eastern Mediterranean

Turkey has visa requirements. It costs 45 pp. Go to http://www.turkiye.net/lacg They have the info there depending on which state you live in.

Hope this helps
Paul
Old March 16th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Kellie

http://travelers.israel.net/middle-east/

This site has lots of Info on Visa's ect for most all the Middles East Countries.

There are several of us from this board and others taking a trip on the Millennium next May. Take a look at our news letter and you may find some tours ect that may interest you. This is a great site that was put together by Robert.

http://members.home.net/rridgely/cruise/cruisers.htm
Old March 16th, 2001, 11:33 AM
Evan Stansbury

Sometimes the Lonely Planet guides have very good information on this also!
Handy charts!
Old March 16th, 2001, 05:34 PM
Mike Mastellar

DebR;
You can also find the information right here on CruiseMates. Just go to the "Links"
section on the right side of the screen, and then go to "Passport Information".

There is a section on requirements for most countries worldwide.

This is the quick link to it.

<http://travel.state.gov/foreignentryreqs.html>

Take care and have a great time in the Mediterranean.

Mike
Old March 19th, 2001, 12:33 AM
Bob from PA

A previous reply is correct about Turkey. I know that upon arrival at Istanbul airport you are required to obtain the visas @ $45 USD pp as part of the check in procedure. A assume the same would apply at the passenger ship terminal.

Port Said and Athens, as I understand it, do not require visas for U.S. citizens making brief tourist visits (other than, perhaps, stamping your passports and that's usually handled by the cruise ship).
Old April 2nd, 2001, 02:35 AM
Admiral

You'll buy a visa when entering Turkey by air: it's around $50 at the airport.
You won't need any visas for the other countries, however.
Old April 3rd, 2001, 10:55 AM
Gizem

To have more information about Kusadasi and around as well as Ephesus Tours please have a look at http://www.kusadasionline.com/shopping

If you need further information please contact me at editor@kusadasionline.com
Old April 4th, 2001, 11:44 AM
Evan Stansbury

Thanks for the link, but remember that not only Americans travel on cruises and some countries' citizens (South Africans are among them) face STRINGENT standards to travel throughout the world (and getting into the U.S. is tough, too!).

Letters from an employer, bank statements, invitations, itineraries, original tickets (air and cruise), and foreign country cash bought in advance (even if you're on a cruise!) are among these never-ending requirements... and each country -- even those within the EU -- is a bit idiosyncratic.

Just thought I'd share...
Old April 7th, 2001, 05:21 PM
Passenger

Everyone is right about the visa requirement for Turkey. We are leaving on a cruise in a few weeks and it ends in Turkey. The cruise company (which I will not mention) referred us to a "courier" service that takes care of procuring the visas for you. The fee was outrageous. Over $200 which included postage-this is for two persons. I just did an email to the Turkish embassy in Washington, DC and got an immediate reply with the procedure and the cost. It is $45 plus the cost of postage. I sent it out on a Tuesday and received it back from them on Saturday. It was all very efficient and prompt--not to mention the money I saved by not using the courier service. Have a great trip.--Robb
Old April 10th, 2001, 03:49 PM
John F.

Robb:
Would you please send me the e-mail address for the Turkisk embassy.
Did you have to send your passports to them?? I am very "leary" about
doing that!! We are going on the Golden Princess in Sept.2001 and was
wanting to get the official paperwork done early. Thanks for any help. John
Old May 1st, 2001, 03:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am confused! Do we need a visa for Turkey if we are stopping there as part of a cruise? Our ship, the Rotterdam VI, stops in Kusadasi as part of a 12-day Med cruise. My TA made several phone calls and was told we do not need visas as long as we go with the ship's shore tours. However, the HAL brochure (which was probably printed a year ago) implies that we do need visas for Turkey, even if we don't get off the ship! This cruise-only travel agency has been in business for 20 years and handled our other cruises beautifully, but somehow I'm not 100% comfortable with his answer. Helen