Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2001, 01:02 PM
bsinger

Default Europe River Cruises

Does anyone have a recommendation as to favorable river cruises in Europe?
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2001, 01:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Europe River Cruises

I have taken two River cruises in Europe and they were wonderful. I was on the Grand Circle riverboat, the River Symphony, both times. My first cruise was the Holland In Bloom from Amsterdam in the spring and it was beautiful. My second cruise was The Great Rivers in Europe (16 days). Went from Amsterdam through Germany and ended in Vienna. It was awsome. Scenery out of this world. Grand Circle has several new boats. I can't praise them enough. The food is like a 4* restaurant, about 5 courses every night with complmentary wines. If you are interested in getting their brochures their number is 1-800-221-2610. They only carry about 135 passengers and you have to book quite far ahead as their tours fill up really fast. They are located in boston. If you would like any further info. E-mail me. Helen
Old April 3rd, 2001, 10:53 AM
Bernie S.

thanks for the response and tips about Grand Circle...I'll look into that cruiseline...your satisfaction is encouraging!
b. singer
Old April 25th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Mary Ann Hemphill

For complete information on river cruising, especially in Europe, watch for my article on river cruises that will be posted on Friday, April 27. River cruises are wonderful, especially for those who are more interested in what's ashore than what's onboard. Same convenience as a big cruise ship--unpack once, sightsee a lot. I'll also be writing about my experience on the Yangtze River in China.

Mary Ann Hemphill