Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2001, 01:05 AM
Gaynelle

Default Private guided tours -Rome, Athens, Rhodes,Katakal

We are a party of eight older persons sailing on the'Grandeur Of The Seas" in June from Rome. We are looking for a private driver/guide tour in the following ports(rather than the hevtic large coach tour of the cruiseline) Rome, Athens, Rhodes, Katakalon and Kusadasi.
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2001, 01:11 AM
Gaynelle

Default Re: Private guided tours -Rome, Athens, Rhodes,Kat

We are a group of eight older persons sailing on the 'Grandeur Of The Seas" in June and are looking for a private driver/guide tour in the following ports (rather than the hectic coach tours offered by the cruiselines) Rome, Athens, Rhodes, Katakalon and Kusadasi.
Old May 2nd, 2001, 10:52 AM
Cindy Hardy

I would highly recommend that you contact Petro Tours for a tour in Athens & Rhodes. Their website is www.privatetours.gr or www.infopelago.gr/petro-tours, email petros-tours@infopelago.gr. This is the most reasonable tour we are taking and he came highly recommended. He may also do Katakolon, if not ask him for a referral to someone that does.

We have arranged a half day tour of Ephesus with Ephesus Tours www.ephesustours.com or ephesustours@yahoo.com. I also have several other companies if you are interested in looking them over (let me know).

On to Rome....we chose Max Leotta with Rome Limousine Service, also highly recommended. His web site is www.romelimousineservice.com. But if you want to do Rome on your own I recommend you contact AutoEurope and rent a car and driver www.AutoEurope.com. I also checked in to shuttleservice@tiscalinet.it, North American Limousine service www.driverinRome.com, Daniele was very helpful.

I would be interested in hearing how your cruise goes, so please email me when you get back.

Happy Sailing,

Cindy
Old May 11th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Live Wire

Anyone know of tour companies in Olympia? Cruising the Grandeur 8/25 and trying to avoid the ship's tours. we are a party of 4 adults and 1 child.
Old May 11th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Cindy Hardy

I would highly recommend that you contact Petro Tours for a tour in Athens & Rhodes. Their website is www.privatetours.gr or www.infopelago.gr/petro-tours, email petros-tours@infopelago.gr. This is the most reasonable tour we are taking and he came highly recommended. He may also do Olympia, if not ask him for a referral to someone that does.
Old May 15th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Joelle

I have booked a tour with euroservice (www.welcomeinitaly.net) for next Thursday. I will let you know how it goes. So far they have been very responsive and helpful. Our group of 8 is touring for about the cost of the ship's tour.
Old June 28th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Joelle- How did your tours work out? We are on the July 14th Grandeur cruise and would like to do our own tours. We would love to get a tour of Rome before boarding the ship as my 2 college age children have never been to Rome. Thanks for any information you can give me on who to contact.
RosemaryJoelle wrote:
>
> I have booked a tour with euroservice
> (www.welcomeinitaly.net) for next Thursday. I will let you
> know how it goes. So far they have been very responsive and
> helpful. Our group of 8 is touring for about the cost of the
> ship's tour.
Old June 28th, 2001, 07:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Gaynelle- How did your private tours work out? We are on the same cruise on July 14th. We would love to get private tours but we are a little nervous about being stranded waiting for a guide. We especially are looking for a Rome tour before boarding the ship as the Grandeur does not have any Rome tours. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Rosemary