Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2001, 03:09 AM
First Mate

Default Any tour referrals for Naples?

Got every stop planned on our cruise except for Naples.. Have already done Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii, and the Amalfi Coast.. Looking for a good private tour/guide of the city itself to explore the local culture, people, and sites... Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2001, 02:09 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Any tour referrals for Naples?

Hi there:
You mentioned you've done the Amalfi coast and Capri.

My husband and I are on the 8/23 Millenium cruise Barcelona to Istanbul... we would like to do Amalfi on our own.

Any advice, tour companies that go from Naples to Amalfi, etc you recommend?
Thank you so much!
-Rose
Old August 8th, 2001, 11:42 AM
juliejoe

Rose,
We were on the Golden Princess Istanbul to Barcelona in June. (I have a review posted at cruise-addicts.com and at cruisecritic.com) The traffic along the Amalfi coast can be really bad. I got the impression it was most common to spend lots of time tied up in traffic and getting back to the ship on time was a bit of a gamble. I would be careful about renting a car or using a private tour company to do that drive. We did it on a Princess shore tour and it was really beautiful. Sit on the right side of the bus (not behind the driver). When the bus was moving slowly in traffic etc. the air conditioning did not work as well. It was a nice new bus but had a sign "air conditioned electronically" or something like that, so I think it had to do with how fast it was going. Along the Amalfi coast - you do not go fast! Bring bottled water, a fan, moist wipes - dress cool! Enjoy your cruise!
Julie
Old August 8th, 2001, 05:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Steve,
We had a guide/driver in Naples who we booked through PortPromotions <www.portpromotions.com>
The can customize your day to your needs.

Regards,
Kuki
Old August 8th, 2001, 11:18 PM
juliejoe

Sorry - that was dumb. I guess I don't read well. You said you've already been to the Amalfi Coast - you are looking to do Naples, the city itself. Oh well, maybe someone can use this info. I still want you to enjoy your cruise!