Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2001, 02:02 PM
Joyce S.

Default Mediterranean Cruise - 7/2002

I'm scheduled for the Celebrity/ Millennium cruise from Barcelona to Istanbul and I'm concerned about the safety of this trip. I've heard other lines cancelling their Mediterranean cruises but nothing about Celebrity. Has anyone heard anything?
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2001, 01:47 PM
Pooh Bear

Default Re: Mediterranean Cruise - 7/2002

We were scheduled on Millie May 12, 2002 Barcelona / Istanbul - and I understand from a press release from Celebrity that the Millie will come back to the U.S. (Carib.) for the winter then stay in the Carib. into the summer of 2002 (I think that's right). I talked with our TA around September 26 and she confirmed that our cruise has been canceled by Celebrity. You might want to talk with your TA.
Old January 21st, 2002, 11:34 AM
Gizem

i dont think that you will come across with what you hear o maybe expect. There is no harm in Turkey. What makes you think it may not be safe? You may go on to http://www.kusadasi.net/vizbook to read what people think of Turkey and holidays in Turkey. Of course it is something common when you are going to a country that you dont know much about the things you hear make you worried but you will enjoy your holiday i am sure.
Old April 11th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Anne O,Neill

Celebrity cancelled Constellation & re-positioned it to the Carribbean. Millenium was going to the Baltic but is now sailing in the Med. It should be O.K. safetywise as the cruise is not going to the Holy land Enjoy yourself
Old April 16th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Rick Thorson

Many ships were forced to cancel their Eastern Itineraries including Turkey unfortunately because Lloyds of London which insures the ships themselves got cold feet after 9/11. Of course, as of this writing, there does not appear to be a good reason for cutting out anything except perhaps the Holy Land. In fact, I was in Egypt for 2 weeks in November (including 7 day Nile Cruise) and you couldn't possibly wanted to be any safer (very, very high security everywhere).Turkey, especially, is a wonderful country and I can't recommend it highly enough, having spent a total of 30 days touring there. It is a shame that "caution", readrofit protection is hurting this great tourist country.