Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2002, 10:03 PM
Bobbie(Lady Jag)

Default Trafalgar VS. Globus - Which is better?

Can anyone compare these two tour companies or give me their experience with either one? Unfortunately, a regular cruise won't get us to where we want to go, so we need to find a good alternative.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2002, 03:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Trafalgar VS. Globus - Which is better?

Have traveled with Trafalgar (3 years ago). Major cities were London, Brussels, Heidelburg, Salsburg, Vienna, Venice, Lucerne, Milan & Paris (maybe not in that order)
We picked Trafalgar over Globus because they advertise staying @ better hotels.
We did not find all the hotels to be first class, so I can't imagine what it would be like on Globus.

It is a way to see the "highlights" of several cities but I don't think I will ever go on another bus trip again. The included dinners left much to be desired. You spend a lot of time waiting for people to get on & off the bus.

We have been to Europe 6 times and prefer to do our research and go on our own.
On you own, you can stay @ small family owned pensions, eat where the locals eat their delicious food and spend as much time or as little time at the sights!

If we went the China or Japan, I might consider a tour, but that is about the only location.

Feel free to email me if I can help you further.
Jackie