Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Carol Burns

Default Constellation, 9/13/02

Hi, my husband and I just signed up for the Constellation Med cruise leaving from Barcelona on 9/13/02. Anyone else going?
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Constellation, 9/13/02

We booked this trip a couple of weeks ago and will arrive a day earlier. Glad to see that there are others that are not superstitous.
Old June 30th, 2002, 06:34 AM
CarolBurns

Default Re: Re: Constellation, 9/13/02

Hi Gus,

Would you be interested in booking any of the "private" tours in Rome or Naples (Pompeii). www.driverinrome.com has been recommended on a couple of message boards and looks great - cheaper than the cruise line (if you find other folks interested) and a much smaller group - anywhere from 2-14 passengars.

I did not even think about the superstition until you mentioned it! We plan on flying on Sep 11 and sailing on Friday, Sep 13, so I guess we had better not be supersitious!
Old July 1st, 2002, 09:15 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Constellation, 9/13/02

Hi Carol
We did a land tour in 1999 that included 4 days in Rome & 2 full days in Sorrento,Capri & Pompeii. Therefore, we are looking at tours for Naples only.

P.S we also are leaving Sept 11........
Old July 19th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Joe Reynolds

Default Re: Constellation, 9/13/02

Carol,
We will be sailing July 26 out of Copenhagen on Constellation. We have done a cruise out of Barcelona. Watch out in Barcelona off the Ramblas. My wife had her fanny pack picked. Two little women with a piece of cardboard look like beggers did it. I accidently got it on video, but didn't realize it so quit running the video when I heard her screaming.
One pushes the cardboard into the abdomen and the other works under the cardboard to unzip the fanny pack and grab whatever is in the compartment. Luckily they did not get into the back compartment. The front only had some kleenex and a telephone number.
It was an interesting mode of fanny pick. Be interesting if you noticed these women. They will work a side street. Usually not right on the Ramblas.
By the way, a friend on that trip had a guide book with a walking tour that we did in a group of 4 that was a lot of fun.
Old July 27th, 2002, 10:28 AM
roberto

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Constellation, 9/13/02

On cruisecritic.com I have seen many messages about SORRENTOLIMO
Old July 31st, 2002, 01:34 PM
Carol Burns

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Constellation, 9/13/02

Hi Gus,

thanks for the reply. (sorry about taking so long to answer - visited the great USA for three weeks in July. I was ready to come back to the island. Maybe we can get together for a drink or breakfast sometime (drink does not have to be alcoholic - I enjoy an occasional drink, but my husband doesn't.) Other Cruisematers on this cruise welcome to join us.

Carol