Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2004, 05:27 PM
charles merrill

Default Regatta, Sept. 25

My wife and I are taking this cruise and are interested in meeting others on the cruise, possibly to share some private touring.
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Jane Pope

Default Re: Regatta, Sept. 25

We are sailing on Regatta and have started arranging private tours along with another couple from our area. Have you posted on another board? Most of the tours can accommodate 6 persons. My husband and I have been on another Med cruise but our travelling companions have not. Therefore, we are trying to be creative about the tours to satisfy both interests. We are late 50's and early 60's and enjoy getting the feel of the different ports along with actual touring.
Old August 1st, 2004, 01:18 PM
charles merrill

Default Re: Re: Regatta, Sept. 25

We’ve been away so I didn’t get your e-mail until now. I’ve just posted on c ruisecritic and cruisemates but I’m getting tired of all the e-mails from the Oceania board though we have gleened some good info. We’ve already booked the Regatta for Aug. 2005 Baltic cruise.
As for our cruise on the 25th, we’ve booked our own airfare and arrive in Barcelona on the 24th and we plan to stay an extra day in Venice for my 60th and then take a direct flight back to NY. We haven’t made any plans for organized excursions ashore. We have been to most places in and around the ports on the coast so we’ll basically be on our own. We plan to see the Oceanographic Institute in Monaco, a drink at the Splendido in Portofino, a train to Pisa, lunch on Capri, lunch in Ravello and similar type excursions. Most ports we plan to go ashore only for 1/2 day. Rome is another story. I have the train schedule and we might go in for a few hours just to visit a few familiar places with fond memories. Corfu and Dubrovnik are really no brainers. We look forward to meeting new people and having a relaxing good time.
Old August 6th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Jane Pope

Default Re: Re: Re: Regatta, Sept. 25

Two of our foursome will be celebrating the same birthday! Perhaps we will meet at the Yahoo cocktail party.