Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2003, 09:40 AM
Passenger

Default Royal Princess, July 7

Is anyone going on the Royal PRincess departing Southampton, July 7, 2003? Have you signed up for any port excursions yet? See you on board. Maria
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Cynthia

Default Re: Royal Princess, July 7

Hi there,

I am on the Royal and it does not leave til July 10th. You must have booked a 3 day precruise tour. Yes I have signed up for many shore excursions. Drop me an email if you want to talk. Samplecd@insightbb.com

Cynthia
Old June 6th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Royal Princess, July 7

Cynthia: You are right, of course. But I wonder why the Adventures Ashore book that Princess sent us has the cruise listed as departing on July 7, 2003 on p.2. Just a misprint, do you think??? Did you get that book, check out p. 2 and tell me what it says in your copy? ANyway, I just starting looking over the excursion options and trying to decide what we're going to do. There are four of us so I have to quadruple the price of everything so I have to choose wisely. I'll be e-mailing you soon. Thanks. Maria
Old July 7th, 2003, 08:24 AM
PatB

Hi,

I am interested in your cruise aboard the Royal Princess. We leave on the Aug 3 departure. I would like any advice you could give me. What was great and worth the money. What you wouldn't do again etc... We are arranging our own transport to/from Gatwick as we arrive a day early and leave a day later. Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Pat
Old July 12th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Beginner

We are going on the Royal Princess Sept 8 and are also looking for all of the details regarding your trip.
We plan on not using Princess for the shore excursions rather use local transportation, taxi to get where we want to go.
Is there any shore excursion that is a "must see"
Is using local transportation and taxi feasible in all ports?
Any information greatly appreciated.

Nancy
Old July 17th, 2003, 01:11 AM
imo

Default Re: Re: Re: Royal Princess, July 7

Hi,

We are also taking the cruise starting at South Hampton on 8/27. Very interested in info. regarding the excursions and which ones are worth taking. Also what ports are within walking distance from ships. Do you know? Thanks for any info you can share.
Old July 17th, 2003, 01:16 AM
imo

Hi:

We are taking cruise on 8/17 "Bristish Isle-W. Europe. Anxious to hear about any excursions you took and overall, did you enjoy the cruise and the ship.
Thanks,

Imo
Old July 18th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Gerrie Ryan

We're sailing on the Royal Princess on August 15th. I'd really appreciate hearing your impressions on the port experiences. Ordinarily, my husband and I enjoy touring independently from the ship's tours but don't know how far from sights to see the ports are. If anyone going on that cruise is interested in hiring a car or going in a small group situation do contact me. Thanks
Old July 20th, 2003, 12:02 AM
imo

Sorry, I typed the incorrect date on my note. We are taking the 8/27 cruise that begins in Southhampton. I also need any info. regarding excursions. Please e-mail me back how your trip was and what excursions you took. Hope you had a great time!! Imo
Old August 20th, 2003, 01:37 AM
imo

Hi Maria, since you have already done the cruise we are planning to do on 8/27, am anxious to know how your trip went. What can you tell me to serve as a heads-up-- regarding the the ship, the excursions, the ports, what you enjoyed most/least. I appreciate any comments you may have. I also plan to share information upon my return! Thanks!
Old August 22nd, 2003, 01:49 PM
LSH

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Royal Princess, July 7

We are also booked on the 8/27 sailing and would like to know what excursions were taken and enjoyed, car rental availability in ports, taxis, where to go and what are the best places to see. Did anyone go to see the Ann Frank house in Amsterdam?