Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Mich
Default Millenium 22nd July 03

Is anybody cruising on the Millenium on the 22nd July 03?
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Vicki Whitley

Default Re: Millenium 22nd July 03

we are. My husband, myself and my three glorious well behaved boys

see you onboard!
Old June 13th, 2003, 03:35 AM
Gratn

Default Re: Re: Millenium 22nd July 03

Me too! My wife and I (36 and 28) and our baby son (5 months). As I bet we'll be the only people on board with a baby, come over and say hello if you see us.

Grant
Old June 15th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Cheryl Myers

hi Grant, im afraid we owe you an appology, posting on the 13th june was a joke to my sister mich, (vicki is our other sister). we are all looking forward to our cruise, there are 8 of us altogether. We just got our tickets last week so its one step nearer now.... Were one the 7.30 BA flight from Heathrow, my sis is on going from East Midlands at 10.OO
have you cruised before. We'll look out for you on the ship....only 36 days to go.
Chez :-)
Old June 16th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Gratn

Hi Cheryl

We're cruising for the third time (previously once on the Nile and once in the Caribbean) but the first time with the baby. We're flying to Barcelona on Easyjet a couple of days early, so we can explore the city.

We've got our docs too - I'm getting more excited by the day! Role on 22 July.

Grant
Old June 16th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Cheryl Myers

we too have been to the caribbean on the voyager of the seas, royal caribean, we enjoyed it. would love to go to egypt, but those nile boats look a bit dodgy. I'm sure all three of you will enjoy this one. Enjoy your few pre-cruise days in Barcelona, and Im sure well spot you on the ship.

Chez
:-)
Old June 16th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Chez it's your sister here and Hi to Gratn. It's not long to our cruise and I can not wait! It is good to hear that sombody else is cruising with us. We will definatley look out for you. Have you booked any excursions yet?
from Michelle
Old June 17th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Gratn

Default Re: Re: Re: Millenium 22nd July 03

Hi guys

We did Voyager's sister ship Explorer of the Seas last year and had a blast - hopefully the Mille will be even better. The Nile cruiser's are not the same size or standard, but were good fun - Egypt is an amazing place.

We haven't booked any ship's excursions - we've been to Nice and Rome before, so will just do our own thing there and have private guides lined up for Naples and Athens. From research on the cruise boards it seems that we can do Santorini and Dubrovnic on our own too. What will you be doing?

Grant
Old June 17th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Cheryl Myers

Hi Grant,

We just had a family meeting on Sunday to descide what everyone wanted to do (my sis and her family, i think you've spoken to her two daughters via a link on the teen section, and our parents. I think the only one we are booking off the cruise line will be Pompaii, although Michelle went there last year, so they're going to Capri. She is going to give you some info on Dubrovnic. We were thinking of doing the Jack Kusto (sorry thats more than likely not the correct spelling) place in monte carlo and a bit of shopping as thats our first day. were doing the tourist thing in Rome (any suggestion of must sees), we've got questions to put on the net for Greece. What are you going to see in Naples & Athens with the private guide, Was the guide off the. We are doing the tourist thing again in Venice, the cannal boats etc.

My sis and & I thought we were going to be the only english on board, as there are no roll calls for our week. Last year Michelle did a costa cruise from Itally and they were surrounded by italians.....Thought it was going to be the same again. That would be very strange as the two cruises we've done have been mostly Ameerican, last year we did the P&O Aurora to Norway and the midnight sun. It was fantastic and so strange that even at 2am it was as light as it was at mid-day and for some reason (alcohol related) or not you just weren't tired.

Well Grant (and your wife) I will close here for now. only 33 days to go, (and counting)

Chez :-)
Old June 19th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Gratn

Hi Chez

I hope there are lots of English speakers too - I had assumed that Celebrity would be mainly Americans, but maybe not?

We have found private guides off the internet, relying on recommendations from the various cruise Boards. In Naples we hope to visit Pompei and then tour down the coast to Sorrento, Positano, Ravello and, if we have time, Amalfi. In Athens we want to do the sights in tow, spend some time at the Acropolis, and then maybe head to Cape Sounion in the afternoon. What decisions have you and your family made? You'll have a blast in Rome - we did a bus tour there two years ago and loved it. We did all the main tourist sites, but most enjoyed the Vatican and the Colloseum - it is massive and VERY impressive.

Grant
Old June 19th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Millenium 22nd July 03

Hi gratn
Here are our activities so far - Naples we are going to catch the hydrofoil to Capri then maybe catch a boat to Sorrento. Chez is visiting Pompeii. We have already done Pompeii.
Rome we are catching the train into Rome, it is much cheaper and quicker than by bus. Athens. We will probably split, some visiting the Acropolis and I don't know what we will be doing yet as we have already seen the Acropolis.
Santorini. Would like to do the Volcano hot springs and just do our own thing in the town.
Venice We will do our own thing and visit the sights. It is supposed to be easy to do on your own.
Dubrovnik Wow! What a lovely place. All we need is a bright sunny day and you will love it. It is so easy to do on your own. Just walk off the tender and you are there. (If the ship docks in the same place as Alantica did) If you would like any advice I will be happy to give it.
Michelle
Old June 20th, 2003, 02:42 AM
Gratn

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Millenium 22nd July 03

Hi Michelle

That all sounds good - we enjoy exploring on our own too, and have read on the various boards that Santorini and Dubrovnic are both easy to see on your own. My parents were in Santorini recently and said the views were incredible with white buildings offset by the blue water and blue skies. I can't wait...
Old June 27th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Ildi

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Millenium 22nd July 03

I have jus come from a cruise on the Millennium. Milennium always give you information prior to reaching ports and how you can do it on your own. Each evening a newsletter is delivered to you cabin giving you details and tips on how to get around your port of call. Also in room each evening there are many tips on where to visit and how much it will cost you.

Have a great time. the Millie is a great ship.

Ildi
Gratn wrote:
Old July 1st, 2003, 05:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Millenium 22nd July 03

Hi Gratn
When your parents visited santorini did they do the volcano visit? If so, do they have any information on it? Only 3 weeks to go. Can't wait. counting down in days now.
Michelle.
Old July 2nd, 2003, 07:54 AM
Gratn

Hi Michelle

My parents just did a bus tour around the island - my dad's over 70 so the volcano was a no-no.

Grant
Old July 2nd, 2003, 11:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Gratn
Thanks.
Michelle
Old July 12th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Grant Hello! Only 9 days to go!!!!!! Have you started packing yet?
See you soon. You will have to get in touch with us. Our cabin number is 7199.
Old July 15th, 2003, 11:23 AM
Gratn

Hi Michelle

I'm not packing yet as our son is sick (only a cold, but that's a big deal when you're little and can't sniff or blow your nose!!) and so all our time is spent nursing him. I'm getting excited though. How about you?

Grant
Old July 15th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Grant and Mrs Grant! Sorry to hear that your son is not well. It is difficult when your baby has a cold, especially with this hot weather we are having. You will have to pack the calpol and karval caps now. I am sure he will be much better in a few days time. I am beginning to feel excited especially today when my friend said to me, 'I wonder what you will be doing at this time next week?' This was at about 2pm on our school trip with about 30 children around me. I soon began to daydream only for a few seconds though and thought I will probably be boarding the ship. Hooray!!!! Only 4 more days left at work and then 6 lovely weeks off and what a brilliant way to start it with 2 weeks on the Millenium.
Old July 16th, 2003, 04:08 AM
Gratn

I know - I often catch myself thinking "this time next week I'll be...". Its been so hot in London that I can't wait to kick back - especially knowing that I don't have to wear "work" clothes - except in the dining room. Juast think, in only a few days we'll be sipping drinks with umbrellas in them and watching the world sail by.

Grant
Old July 16th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Grant. Our TA has just telephoned us to say that the cruise has been cancelled due to a breakdown in Greece. We have to telephone them later this evening. Have you heard anything? We are down in the dumps.
Michelle
Old July 16th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Desert Orchid

Hi Michelle,I am not on the Millie but I have heard that all pax. are getting all their money back plus a free 12 night cruise to be taken before15/12/2004 excluding holiday dates.,Millies thrust bearing units have packed up and need to be replaced,I know how you feel we had our 'Legend of the Seas' cruise cancelled last minute because of 9/11.

Try and have a good day Michelle,I know when I got our news I cried all day.

Desert Orchid.
Old July 16th, 2003, 12:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Desert Orchid, thanks for your reply and support.
Michelle
Old July 16th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Beginner

Mich

You must be absolutely gutted. I really feel for you.

We are due to sail on the Millenium on the 15th Aug and I'm panicking they will cancel that too - its my 30th birthday present.

What a nitemare.

Jem (London)
Old July 16th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Jem thanks for your reply. At the moment I am feeling abit numb. Our TA has offered ;us another cruise in the Caribean but we have had to turn it down because we live in England and my sister who we WERE going on holiday with has to have oxygen to fly with and can only fly for up to two hours so it looks like we are going to have to wait until next year.
Many thanks Michelle
Old July 16th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry I forgot to say that I hope this will not effect your cruise. I hope that you have a lovely time. You will have to let me know what the ship is like.
Michelle
Old July 16th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Beginner

Mich

Oh that is such a dreadful disappointment for you and your sister.
I hear they are giving full refunds and a free cruise at a later date (not that this makes up for your current disappointment) so I hope you are able to go on a later cruise.

Jem
Old July 16th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Passenger

Hi!

We are looking for people to share a deluxe minivan (max. 8 people) for a private tour on the French Riviera. The price is $79 for a 6 hour tour covering Nice, Monaco and Eze.

We would also like to share a private Mercedes Minivan (max. 6 people) to go to Rome with a deluxe tour.

Hope to hear from you!
Old July 16th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Passenger

Default Private tours - Villefranche/Rome

Hi!

We are looking for people to share a deluxe minivan (max. 8 people) for a private tour on the French Riviera. The price is $79 for a 6 hour tour covering Nice, Monaco and Eze.

We would also like to share a private Mercedes Minivan (max. 6 people) to go to Rome with a deluxe tour.

Hope to hear from you!
Old July 17th, 2003, 02:55 AM
Gratn

Default Re: Private tours - Villefranche/Rome

Hi Mich

I'm gutted!! I booked through a US internet travel agency, and had an e-mail from them this morning giving me the bad news. I just don't know what to do as our flights are with Easyjet (and hence there are no refunds). We might go to Barcelona anyway, as we were booked for a couple of nights pre-cruise there - at least that gives us a bit of a break and only wastes one flight. What are you going to do?

The compensation sounds good, but I'm a bit worried as we were planning this trip as a last treat before we go home to New Zealand (we're originally from there), so I'm not sure how it will work trying to use the free cruise.

Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger.