Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to TheSeaCruzer Send a message via Yahoo to TheSeaCruzer
Default Its How Much!!!!?????? :-()

OK! Now that I got your attention: how do you get cheap reputable air to Europe? Leave the east coast going to Europe. Either for a round trip from Rome such as the Galaxy is doing or the ever popular Venice to Barcelona route. Any help would be wonderful. Feel free to email me the details.

Thanks,
Seth

Carnival Spirit - 4.03
Radiance of the Seas - 5.02
Grand Princess - 6.01
Ocean Princess - 4.00 (IS)
Carnival Triumph - 7.99 (I)
Mercury - 798
Zenith - 7.96
Dreamward - 7.94
Fantasy - 4.91
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2003, 06:36 PM
DrWong

Default Re: Its How Much!!!!?????? :-()

Use a bulk charterer - check the travel section of the New York Times sunday edition. Otherwise, you're looking at an expensive "open jaw" ticket.

I've heard some air carriers will let you use your frequent flyer miles for open jaw trips, even though they prefer that you use them for round-trips. Come to think of it, that makes your frequent flyer miles even more valuable - using 40,000 miles to fly roundtrip from NYC to London is only worth $400, but using them for a NYC-London and a Rome-NYC return saves you $1200!!!

Richard
Old August 21st, 2003, 03:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Its How Much!!!!?????? :-()

Try My Q.I.X.O. . com. Money magazine says they are excellent at finding airfares from many data bases all at one time. I have had very good luck getting excellent fares using this source. They are very reliable too!
Old August 27th, 2003, 11:46 AM
Captain

We've used frequent flyer miles to fly into one city and out of another in Europe on several occasions and then use Ryanair or similar inside Europe (cheap, cheap, cheap--as little as $40 per flight). We always check to make sure that the air is not so low that we're not getting good value for our miles.
Old August 28th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Its How Much!!!!?????? :-()

We did the Millennium this last May Barcelona to Venice. The cruise line ran some fantastic specials this year and we NEEDED them flying from Seattle. But we were able to best the deals by watching airfares very closely. Got a great deal on an open jaw using British Air. Bought it on Expedia. But I checked EVERY DAY for several months.
PS. I LOVE the Galaxy- more than Millennium -but if we were going again would do the itinerary on Millennium over Galaxy in a heartbeat.
Old September 4th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Frank

Delta allows either an "open jaw" or a stopover on FF tixs. We're using them to go Business Elite RDU-BCN and VCE-RDU this fall. Remember the Sky Alliance carriers too. Our return is Alitalia and Air France.
Frank