Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2003, 03:54 AM
Default Things to do/see in Genoa?

Our Greek Islands cruise on European Vision ends at Genoa, and we've booked a night to rest there before the return trip. Checked out sights there and besides the Aquarium (anyone visited it?), is there any other can't -miss attraction? Any shopping zone/museum recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Default Re: Things to do/see in Genoa?

If you have the time, I highly suggest going to the Cinque Terre. It is about an hour train ride from Genoa and well worth it. They are five inter-connected villages perched on the cliffs above the mediteranian. The villages are Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore. Vernazza is my fav, and has a charming little reastaurant, with the freshest seafood I have ever had. All the villages are connected by hiking trails or by train. The hiking trails are stunning! I suggest hiking between at least two villages. To start check out:

For the best info on the Cinque Terra check out "Italy -2004" by Rick Steves.

cruise, genoa, things, top