Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2003, 05:18 PM
glum

Default weather in the Baltics

There will be a party of 8 travelling on the constelation next August. Can anyone advise me what temperatures we can expect.

We were booked on the Millenium this year round the med, but unfortunately it was cancelled due to a bearing fault (very upsetting as we only had 5 days to go), we did manage to get on another cruise round the med. with another cruise company. Celebrity gave us our money back and a free cruise without any negotiations whats-so-ever.

Both my sister and I had balcony cabins but my sisters was one of the extreemely large corner ones on the back and they have got that one again, but she is worried that she won't be able to enjoy it as the weather will be too cold. I would be grateful if i could put her mind at rest.

Thanks for your time.

Chez :-)
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: weather in the Baltics

We were on this itinerary July of '01. The weather was beautiful every day. Temps were in the high seventies and low eighties. Wear cooler clothes in the Hermitage. It gets very warm inside because of the huge crowds of people and little if any ventilation.
Old November 18th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Andee

We were on a Scandinavian/Baltic cruise July 19-August 4 this year. We had expected weather in the 60s, with occasional rain, but we hit the European heat wave, and had temperartures near 90 most days.

The vast majority of museums, stores and restaurants weren't air conditioned, so it was pretty unpleasant for sight seeing.
Old November 20th, 2003, 01:44 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Richard Wong Send a message via Yahoo to Richard Wong

Wear layered clothing - the temperature can vary greatly, depending on ambient temps, wind, cloud cover, etc. And Chuck is correct - the temperatures in the museums can vary from hot and humid to overly air conditioned. Also, be prepared for rain and/or fog - the climate may remind you of San Francisco in the summer!
Old November 20th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Anyone knows Baltic weather in May?
Is it still cold and rainy?
Old November 25th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Captain

Default Re: Re: weather in the Baltics

We went in May, and you need to be prepared for anything. We had pretty good weather, but it was cool on several days, and it was also rainy one day so that got chilly! On weather.com, you can enter a city and get averages, highs, lows, number of days of precipitation, etc. But since it's shoulder season, I'd recommend layers. The ship sold those $2 plastic poncho things, and we thought they were great. Of course, we were teased about how we really went all out $$ wise for our rain gear.

Donna
Old November 25th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Richard Wong Send a message via Yahoo to Richard Wong

I'll second Donna's advice. We got caught in downtown Stockholm without our raingear, so we ducked into a store that was offering a half-off sale on all outwear. We bought two of the cheapest waterproof windbreakers we could find, thinking they'd cost no more than $20-25 with the sale price. When we got our credit card bill back a month later, we found that with the conversion rates and fees, those windbreakers cost us $75 apiece!!! That'll teach me to bring a currency converter with me the next time!!!!

And weather averages will only take you so far. You'll need to know the actuals for your cruise, so print off the 7-10 day forecast before you leave, and print off an updated one midway through your cruise so you know what kind of weather to expect - I was surprised at how many passengers didn't bother to check the weather reports ahead of time - I guess one can be TOO relaxed on a cruise.

Richard
Old December 1st, 2003, 05:15 PM
TARgirl

We were on the Constellation August 2-16 this year. The weather was perfect. We missed the extreme heat and had sun and mild temps in the 70s and low 80s. Our sea days were pool days. We spent all our time on the ship outdoors on our balcony or on deck, especially the deck to the rear of the buffet area. Having one of those rear-facing balconies would be heaven.

The weather can vary quite a bit in the Baltic area so be prepared for just about anything.

Have a great cruise!!
Old January 2nd, 2004, 04:38 PM
John Christensen

You dont write where in baltich

In Denmark we have from 16 gr. C to 30 gr. C i august. Best in the second periode off august.

Water temperature is from 19 gr. C to 25 gr. CIt depend off where

K R

John C