Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Kris_T

Default Med Cruise - Friendly Planet

Hi,

Has anyone booked a mediterranean cruise through Friendly Planet? What was your experience? I have never been to Europe nor have I been on a cruise. I am considering the Grand Mediterranean Cruise and the ship is the Olympia Explorer. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2004, 10:39 AM
TedC

Default Re: Med Cruise - Friendly Planet

Kris,
Check out the weekend news on Cruisemates for Jan.9 and read about financial problems facing Olympia cruises.
I would consider another line for the Med, Holland America or Celebrity.
Old January 16th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Passenger

Kris,

Royal Olympia Cruises has two beautiful ship the Olympia Voyager and the Olympia Explorer but ROC is trying to work through Chapter 11 bankruptcy issues. Not a good time for them or their customers. I have been on the Voyager and it was very nice. But now is not a good time to give ROC money. Both ships are in dock and cruises are being cancelled. Ugly stuff.

Take a look at Oceania Cruise Lines. They have two smaller ships like the Voyager and Explorer. They also have several promotions going this year for Europe that are pretty good deals. Previous Oceania patrons have raved about the service and food aboard the Regatta. Their website is www.oceaniacruises.com.

I would contact Jan at the cruzunlimited website (www.cruzunlimited.com) or email her at jancruz1@aol.com. She seems well versed about Oceania cruises.

My wife and I and another couple got an excellent air/cruise/pre-cruise hotel package through Oceania. We are going on the new Insignia in April on a Rome to Barcelona 10 night cruise with 2 extra nights in Rome. Our problems is that April is "years" away. It is hard to wait.

Enjoy!
Old January 18th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Kris_T

Hi Ted and Sportsfan,

Thank you very much for your response! I really appreciate it! The cruise I mentioned interested me because of the price and ports. You are both right and due to the current company situation, I should consider a different cruise. I was so excited but now I am a little discouraged as I am trying to decide whether or not to dish out $6,000+ for two. Thank you again! Have fun on your cruise Sportsfan!