Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2004, 03:31 PM
cheech

Default Oceania Regatta 6/15/04

Looking for anyone to share with my wife and I the cost of a private tour (Red October) in St. Petersburg. Either one day or two.
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Elliott Ferdon

Default Re: Oceania Regatta 6/15/04

My wife and I are firming up our plans for this cruise. We're trying to decide between tour package suggested by Oceania and the Red October option. Any thoughts you'd care to share?
Thanks,
Elliott
Old February 14th, 2004, 12:56 PM
cheech

Default Re: Re: Oceania Regatta 6/15/04

Dear Elliott,
The only information I can give you is that I have a proposal from RED OCTOBER. The itinerary is fantastic. Much the same as Oceania, but instead of being with 40, 50, or 60 other people, we have our "own" tourguide. The cruise tours only move as fast as the slowest "guest". If you check the message boards, I think you will see how much other people enjoyed this way of seeing St. Petersburg. In some instances, being on a "private" tour, you are able to jump ahead of the cruise ship tours; therefore cover much more ground. The proposal I have is as follows:

3 day - $224.00 pp for 2 2day - $235.00pp for 2
$144.00 pp for 4 $164.00pp for 4
$112.00pp for 6 $134.00pp for 6
$103.00pp for 8 $127.00pp for 8
$92.00 pp for 10 $117.00pp for 10

I think St. Petersburg is the perfect place to have a small guided tour as opposed to some of the other cities where you take the ship's tour and/or go on your own to explore. Can't do that in Russia. RED OCTOBER takes care of VISA requirements and customs and immagration.
Let me know if you are interested in joining my wife and I. Also, if you hear of any others who might want to do this.

Nice to "chat" with you.
Dick
Old March 4th, 2004, 06:38 AM
BryanL

Default Re: Oceania Regatta 6/15/04

My wife and I could well be interested. What sort of itineries do they offer?
Are you considering going to Moscow for one of the three days we are in St Petes
Regards
Bryan
Old March 4th, 2004, 01:33 PM
cheech

Default Re: Re: Oceania Regatta 6/15/04

Dear Bryon,
Thanks for responding to my message. As of this date, another couple are joining Kathy and I. We are from Pittsburgh, Pa. They are from California (Jim and Carole). Two others are interested, but have not committed as of yet. Elliott and Lynn from Florida.
I have Red October's itinerary. Let me know if you would like me to forward it on to you. Jim and Carole have been to St. Petersburg before and are looking forward to visiting St. Petersburg again. Jim told me that he was VERY PLEASED with the itinerary that I sent him. If we can get 8 people, the costs come down considerably. Had originally planned on going to Moscow, but then decided against it. Olga, at Red October agreed with me. Too much in such a short time. Maybe do that at another time.
Saw on Oceania's web site that Oceania has an evening tour called "GRAND IMPERIAL EVENING OF THE CZARS". Kathy and I definitely want to do this one evening. Part of the reason we decided not to go to Moscow.
Looking forward to our trip. Have you cruised before? Have you cruised in Europe?
Our cabin # is 8024, Jim and Carole are in 8040, and Elliott and Lynn are in 7093. Where is your cabin?
Hope you decide to join us. I think it will be fun, entertaining, and educational.

Best regards,
Dick

If you would prefer to contact me directly instead of using this message board, I'm at dick@walkerrugs.com.