Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Beginner

Default Tours - Rome and Florence

Hi
We are cruising out of Barcelona on 5/15/04. We are planning on booking our own driver/guides for Rome and Florence. We would appreciate any good suggestions. Is it more cost effective to take the train in and then meet a guide/driver or have them pick you up at the ship. We would like to do both Vatican City and the colloseum in Rome if that is possible in one day!
Thank for any help anyone can give us.
Sandy
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Tours - Rome and Florence

We are using Daniele in Rome, Allesandro for Florence. Websites are available if you are interested, most posters have used one or the other and both come highly recommended. If you are still looking, let me know and I will provide further information. We are on the Brilliance June 12.
Old March 9th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Monique

For the port of Livorno(Florence),Civitavecchia(Rome) and Naples I highly recommend Sorrentolimo.We used this private company last year and we had an excellent service.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 03:04 PM
loretta hidrogo

Hi Sandy,

My husband & I had Alessandro as our guide last year. He met us at the dock, drove us into Florence for a day tour & then on to Chianti for tours of a few wineries. We had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend him. Please contact me if you'd like more information. I see that keith has also scheduled a tour with Alessandro for June.
Old March 26th, 2004, 09:01 AM
lovtotravel

We used Alessandro Cammilli last year. He comes highly recommended on Cruisecritics & Frommers sites. We saw Lucca, San Gimignano & Pisa. We were picked up & dropped off at the ship. He's a very good driver, and speaks good english. He has lived in Florence all his life, and knows the area well. His email address is alecamma@hotmail.com. Have a great trip!!!
Old April 1st, 2004, 04:53 PM
Cupcake

We are using Max Leotta and his brother Fabio for both cities. He's been wonderful about e-mailing us with information and doesn't require any deposit. He'll pick us up at the ship in both ports. I had read great things about them on this message board and others. I hope they were right!
His new e-mail address is MAXLEOTTA@TISCALI.IT .
Old April 29th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Pcruise

Default Re: Re: Tours - Rome and Florence

we are sailing Jun 19 on Splendour. Can you give me info on Daniele and francesco
Old May 8th, 2004, 10:01 PM
schodak

We are doing the same in July and will be in Venice and Rome.
How do you find a private driver and tour guide. Do you have info on this
We will be travelling with a family and are six people so ship excursions are too expensive
Thanks