Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2004, 07:21 PM
CruiseJunkie

Default Transpo to/from Barcelona to Paris

My husband & I will on Brilliance of the Seas this August to the Med. After our 12 nite cruise, we're planning on taking a train from Barcelona to Paris. Can anyone give us any info on how we can make the advance arrangement for train transportation between these two destinations? We don't know what train to take (most common or popular), how long it would take (if there's such transpo. between these destinations) and how much.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated !

Tammy.
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2004, 05:00 PM
Mary Ann

Default Re: Transpo to/from Barcelona to Paris

He re is a web page that will be helpful. I have booked point to point within France. www.raileurope.com good luck
Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:35 AM
Captain

Default Re: Transpo to/from Barcelona to Paris

Hi Tammy,

We've used this site for years and have found it to be very reliable and easy to use: http://www.raileurope.com/us/rail/fa...ules/index.htm.

A U.K. citizen recently recommended this one to me (always good to get info from the European citizens), and it looks great too: http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/en?.

I love riding the train, but that's going to be a long ride and your time might be better spent elsewhere. We've taken many, many flights inside Europe for $100 each, so you might consider flying and check out this site for low fares: http://www.aerfares.net/v11/index.php.

Happy traveling,
Donna
Old March 22nd, 2004, 12:14 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: Transpo to/from Barcelona to Paris

Oops--I meant to say that those flights in Europe are UNDER $100 each (we flew from Zurich to London for $70 each last year, etc.).

And the train sites are for most European cities. Reservations are not required in advance on most trains in Europe (I would probably reserve in advance for the chunnel train between London and Paris), but you probably need to reserve if you want a sleeper.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 12:06 AM
CruiseJunkie

Default Re: Re: Transpo to/from Barcelona to Paris

Hello Donna ! Thank you so much for suggesting an alternative way on getting from Barcelona to Paris !! We didn't think it was possible to fly to Paris without paying a hefty price for each of us until I checked out the website www.aerfares.net !

You've given us a light at the end of the tunnel. We truly thought we would have to ride a 14 hour train ride for about $300 to get to our destination !!

Thank you again for being so generous to share with us such valuable information.

Take care !

Tammy.
Old April 6th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: Re: Transpo to/from Barcelona to Paris

Hi Tammy--I just saw your note. I'm glad you could use that info. Hope you have a great time.

Donna