Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Beginner

Default Baltic vs. Greek Isle Cruise

I know this is a personal choice but

If YOU had the choice of taking a Baltic or a Greek Isle Cruise, which would you take and why?

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2004, 12:08 AM
venice

Default Re: Baltic vs. Greek Isle Cruise

Wow, what a choice. !!!!!!! I've cruised the Greek Islands 4 times but never the Baltic. I love the Greek Islands because they are so incredibly beautiful and romantic and full of history. Santorini is my favorite to such a degree that this year that I won a bid on www.luxury link.com to spend 4 days there as well as 4 days in Venice. Maybe you can find a cruise that does a little bit of both. which ever you choose, you will probably have a cruise of a life time. good luck
Old April 11th, 2004, 10:52 AM
First Mate

Yes, there's no diffinitive answer to a question like that.

I have taken cruises which made some stops in Greece, but have never done a true Greek Islands cruise so I don't think I am in a position to judge. We have, however, done a Baltic Cruise. Maybe it was the ship, the friends made before hand on a message board, the friend that cruised with us, but I consider this to be the best cruise we ever took. Seeing St. Petersburg was an experience of a lifetime. We were lucky because our cruise stayed in St. P. for three days.

What's nice about this problem is that there is no wrong answer.

Happy Cruising,
Marilyn
Old April 11th, 2004, 04:28 PM
First Mate

I have always wanted to cruise the Greek islands, but so far have not. We are taking a Baltic cruise this summer that I am really looking forward to. We decided on the Baltic for this year anyway because we felt it was safer. I hope things change soon so that we can feel safe anywhere.
Bobbie

Grand Princess - Baltic - July 28, 2004
Dawn Princess - Southern Caribbean - February 2002
Old April 14th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Passenger

Really depends on what you are interested in. The Greek Isles are designed for cruising and you can get a good idea of what they are like even if you are only in for a day. Their written history predates that of the Baltics, so there is a lot to see.
I haven't done a Baltic cruise, but I have been to FInland and Russia. I think that you get more of a feel for the culture when you do those countries by land.