Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:50 PM
Beginner

Default Brilliance of the Seas 9/23/04

Anyone else going with us?
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Peggy Griffith

Default Re: Brilliance of the Seas 9/23/04

My husband, Jerry, and I will be on the cruise celebrating our 10th anniversary and his 63rd birthday. We may be older, but we're young at heart.
Old May 18th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Beginner

So glad to hear from someone else on this board. We have a thread on CruiseCritic.com but there are only 4 couples there. I guess it's a little early.

We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary but we are also "young at heart."

I think it will be a fabulous cruise. Is this your first European cruise?

Sandy and Del in TX
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:18 PM
CruiseJunkie

We're booked for the same cruise but sailing on August 6th. This is our first time to the Meditterranean but the 8th time cruising (mostly to the Caribbean islands).

So far, no one has booked the same time, but we are hopeful. Well, at least we'll be able to share our experiences with you all by the time you sail in September !

We'll be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary....we're DEFINITELY very young at heart too !!

Happy Anniversary to the two lucky couples !!

Tammy.
Old May 19th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Peggy Griffith

Default Re: Re: Brilliance of the Seas 9/23/04

Yes, it's our first Mediterranean cruise. We've been to the Mexican Riviera and Alaska, but this one is special! We certainly can't wait for the time to leave!

Where will you be staying in the ship? We're on Deck 8 on the port side.

Peggy
Old May 19th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Brilliance of the Seas 9/23/04

Peggy -

We are on deck 8 also - an aft cabin. We were very lucky, I think. We have never had one before but many people on these boards seem to really like them.

Have you scheduled your tours yet?

Tammy, you will have to let us know how you enjoyed your cruise when you return. Yes, we are all very lucky!

Sandy in TX
Old May 20th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Wanda

We are sailing on the same ship and same itinerary but leaving August 30th for 12 mites! Can't wait! Our very 1st time to Europe and the last time we cruised was 10 yrs ago! There was a post awhiel back from a lady sailing teh same ship and itin. leaving this month. When we hear from her , we should have a great reference.
Wanda
Old May 20th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Peggy Griffith

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Brilliance of the Seas 9/23/04

Hi Sandy,
No, we haven't decided on tours yet. I saw some very nice ones on the message boards, but most need more than two people-otherwise it's just too expensive. I don't think we'll do many through the ship - maybe just Athens.

Where are you in Texas? We have very good friends who moved last year to the Austin area.

Glad you'll be down the corridor from us. We're in the mid section-port side. (8076)

Peggy
Old May 20th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brilliance of the Seas 9/23/04

We're about 100 miles east of Houston on the Tex/La border on the Gulf. Austin is one of the nicest areas of Texas - beautiful rolling hills. We are very flat here.

Where are you and your husband from Peggy?

Sandy
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:25 AM
Peggy Griffith

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brilliance of the Seas 9/23/04

We live in Santa Rosa, California, but I work daily in San Francisco and commute back and forth. We ride a Harley Road Glide motorcyle (a touring bike if you aren't familiar) that we have taken all day trips on. Over Memorial Day weekend we'll drive up to Sparks, Nevada for a couple of days. It'll be our longest trip. If you want to try emailing directly, we're "tallones2@hotmail.com".

We look forward to meeting you on the ship. We originally had our very good friends going with us, but they had to cancel. We'll meet lots of new people, but it always helps to know someone before sailing.

Peggy
Old September 11th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Ken Buzbee

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brilliance of the Seas 9/23/04

My wife and I will be on the Sept 23 cruise as well. It's our second cruise on Brilliance. We can't wait

Ken
Old September 11th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Ken Buzbee

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brilliance of the Seas 9/23/04

My wife and I will be on the Sept 23 cruise as well. It's our second cruise on Brilliance. We can't wait

Ken