Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Mel/Nancy

Default Oct. 23 Med. cruise

We are going on the Oct. 23rd. RCCL Med. cruise from Barcelona. Anyone out there going as well? Any information or advise on tour excursions? Tour companies in Barcelona (we'll be there for two days before and day after cruise) , Florence, Rome, Naples etc. We are sailing without a group....suggestions if we should take ship tours or hire tour companies. Thanks....
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Oct. 23 Med. cruise

In April I made a wonderful Med. Cruise. I wrote a review regarding major port of calls.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/review...?id=0000003257

Hope it helps !
Old June 27th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Beginner

Mel/Nancy

I'm also taking the Splendour 10/23/04 cruise. I will probably take the ship offered excursions since you have so little time in each port. Took this approach a couple of years ago on this same cruise and it worked well for us. Most of the excusions are all day, therefore trying to arrange them on our own seems like a lot of trouble. I've seen several tour operators mentioned on the other cruise message boards and those who have used them seem pleased.
Old June 29th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Familiar Face

I would recommend DriveAmalfi (driveamalfi@hotmail.com) for Livorno,
Civitavecchia and Naples
Old June 29th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Mel/Nancy

Default Re: Re: Oct. 23 Med. cruise

Thanks...I will look into them. Any other advise is welcomes.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 11:26 PM
LR

Mel and Nancy:
I have just booked three of us on the Oct 23 Splendour from Barcelona. Well arrive a day early. We also are looking at tour prices, and debating on whether to sign up now for some, and some to try on our own. We have not been to these ports so are doing lots of research and trying to watch our $$ (or Euros, in this case). We are thinking we might be able to do some tours aside from the ships hopefully, we might get iformation from some of the cruise forums like this. My boss just came back from Spain so will ask her for hotels, etc., in Barcelona. Have you been to any of these ports before, or Barcelona? Id appreciate it if you have any info past travelers can share with us, and we would do likewise.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 01:31 PM
Mel/Nancy

Default Re: Re: Re: Oct. 23 Med. cruise

Hi LR, I posted to you before I read your post here. We're staying at the Hotel BelArt in Barcelona. It is not in Las Rambles but is close to Park Guell and Sagrada Familia, which I've been told is a must see. The information from the message board as to touring Barcelona is mainly the hop on hop off bus. Haven't been to this area of Europe before, and am doing research. Let's exchange info....Nancy
Old July 24th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Passenger

If you can afford it private tours are the way to go. You can try to get others to share on the cruise baords. Last summer we used Alessandro Cammeli in Florence alecamma@hotmail.com., Max Leotta in Rome, Dream tours in Monaco and Marcello Maresca in Naples. Here's a link to my trip report.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/O...4&m=1733095637
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Mel/Nancy

Thanks Steve...I see from your review that you went last year. I am looking for others to share private tours with us (my DH and myself). Otherwise, they are very costly, tho the ones we are looking at (ship tours) are up there as well. Any other info you may have pertaining to this year would be very helpful..Nancy