Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2004, 02:11 AM
Beginner

Default flying in to one port city and out of another

Hi!

I am very excited to be planning my first European cruise, but I am confused about the best way to handle startign the cruise in one city and ending in another. We will be starting in Barcelona and ending in Rome or vice versa. What is the best way to handle the flights from the US? Is it better to book one way tickets or should I get a round trip into and out of one city and get a connecting flight between the two cities? Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Kristin
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Passenger

Default Re: flying in to one port city and out of another

Book an open jaw ticket which would be like a round trip but with different arrival/departure points. For instance you'd ask for LGA to Barcelona and then Rome to LGA.
Cristin

Old June 19th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Richard Lewis Send a message via MSN to Richard Lewis
Default Re: flying in to one port city and out of another

We are on the Star in Sept 01 Venice to Barcelona. We booked our flights through our travel agent separately from who we booked the cruise through. We fly into Venice a day early through Amsterdam, then fly out of Barcelona back to Amsterdam a day after we disembark, over night in Amsterdam then fly home. We are pretty excited about it. I'm sure you will find a similar solution.

R

Star Princess Sept 1/04 - Mediterranean