Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2004, 09:53 AM
sharleen

Default Copenhagen Airport transportation

Will be traveling on HAL Noordam on July 22. Going into Copenhagen two days early. Does anyone know how difficult it will be to get from the airport to our hotel a few blocks from the Trivoli Gardens? I know they have a train service directly down to the Trivoli Gardens but I am not sure how diffiuclt that may be with luggage or how easy/expensive taxi service would be. We are staying at the Scandic Hotel on Vester Sograde 6 only a few blocks from the train station at Trivoli.
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2004, 05:59 PM
david darman

Default Re: Copenhagen Airport transportation

I am informed that the 20Dk subway stops at the central trrain station which is a couple hundred meters from Tivoli.Takes 12 minutes acc to Fodor..
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Sharleen

I understand the train stopping at Tivoli. My concern would be from the train to the hotel? How hard is it to get around in downtown Copenhagen with luggage or should we flag a taxi? And how expensive are taxi's in Copenhagen?
Old July 5th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Carsten Thomsen

Yes there is a direct train, but unless you enjoy dragging suitcases up and down stations, even with escalators, take a cab. Sweet and easy about 150 DKK (about 25 bucks) will get you door to door. The train will do the trick for about one third price for two people. It's a 5 to 10 minute hike from the train station to the hotel. About 4 traffic lights, heavy traffic, wide streets.
Old July 5th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Copenhagen Airport transportation

We always use taxis to get to airports and when we were in Copenhagen last year to board the Noordam we caught a taxi from the airport to our hotel.

It cost about 30Euros and it was well worth it. I couldn't imagine anything worse after a long 28 hour flight to be lugging luggage up and down stairs and into trains that could be crowded.

Admittedly the hotel is not that far from the station but I still think it is worth the money for the taxi.

Jennie

Until we sail on the Nautica - HongKong to Athens
Old July 6th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Sharleen

Thanks for all your help. Taxi it is! Don't need the aggravation. Was just told it was really easy to take the train and wanted other opinions. I appreciate your good advice.