Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2004, 05:15 PM
Chez

Default nightime in St Petes

Does anyone know what kind of entertainment will be on the ship (we're on the Constellation). As we were in Russia overnight I wondered if the ship would do a ballet. We would have liked to have gone to one in St Petes, but they don't do them during the day, and as we will have had a very early start, we don't really want to be travelling back into St Petes after dinner.

Thanks.

Chez

:-)
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2004, 09:31 PM
AR

Default Re: nightime in St Petes

As I recall (we went in June), they don't do squat on St. Pete night. I think they just show a movie in the big theater.

Most people are on long tours both days and tend to turn in early (we did 10 hours the first day and 8 the second with Red October). So after our second seating dinner I believe we just had a nightcap and turned in.

You can safely scratch the ballet off your wish list. Not gonna happen.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 06:10 PM
Carolyn Watts

Hi - just saw your note about ballet in St. Petersburg. Check the Constellation's online itinerary and shore excursions. There is a ballet offered the night in port done especially for the ship's passengers who wish to book it. We will be on the same ship but do not know what your sailing dates are - there are eight of us from Arkansas. I suggest you book the ballet online through the ship's pre-cruise sign-up if you want to see the ballet because I am sure the seating will be rather limited. Good luck. I wanted to see it also but no one else in my group wanted to so guess I won't.
Old July 29th, 2004, 06:57 AM
marybethcl

Do you have a Russian visa? If not, you must stay with ship tours (or other private licensed tour company). The ship will probably offer a ballet or other dance performance as an optional tour. If you do have visas, you should know that there are folk performances that take place early in the evening....like 6:30 p.m. We attended one while in St. Petersburg, and it was enjoyable. However, if your ship isn't right in town, it could be a problem with getting back to the city--maybe not worth the effort?? Mary