Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2004, 01:40 AM
LR

Default Oct 23 Splendour - Help wTours

Am looking for good advice re the tours offered by RCCL. (We have a day each in Villefranche, Marseille, Florence/Pisa/Livorno, Rome, Naples and Barcelona). Are there towns where you can do better on your own? There will be 3 of us together. We have not cruised before, nor been to these areas. We ended up with an AFT cabin. Will that be "roughing" it too much? Also, concerned what the weather would be like last week of October? ANY advice appreciated! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2004, 01:24 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Oct 23 Splendour - Help wTours

LR,

Glad to see that you booked! Have you reviewed any of the RCI offered excusrions. You can see them on their webiste. Two years ago we did all RCI excursions on this same trip and they were quite nice. I'm also sailing the Splendour on 10/23/04 and will again take the ship's excursions. Email me if you have any questions on their excursions. Saw your post on the other board. Did you decide on the Jr suite. We are also on deck 8 aft. This cruise is very port intensive unlike your typical caribbean cruise. We found we needed a vacation when we returned home since we were always out sightseeing. I know you will enjoy!

Mary
Old July 23rd, 2004, 02:24 PM
Mel/Nancy

Default Re: Re: Oct 23 Splendour - Help wTours

LR, My husband and I are also on this cruise. We're going to spend 2 days pre cruise and 1 day post cruise in Barcelona. We're debating about ship tours or private. But since there is only 2 of us, unless we find others interested in sharing private tours, we will do ship tours. Have heard they are quite good, but of course more crowded than private. We've cruised many, many times, but this is our first European one and we're truly looking forward to it. I'm sure we'll have a great cruise.

Nancy