Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Beginner

Default Britsh Isles Cruise -- Rough Seas?

We're making plans to sail on the Golden Princess next summer on the British Isles itinerary. Our previous cruises have been once to Alaska and several times in the Caribbean. In July or August, should we expect the water in the Atlantic and the North Sea to be considerably rougher than our past cruises?

Thanks,
Travelmom
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:21 PM
debbie B

Default Re: Britsh Isles Cruise -- Rough Seas?

Hi we are going on the Golden Princess departing May 22 2005. If that is when you are going I would love to chat
Debbie
Old January 14th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Britsh Isles Cruise -- Rough Seas?

Hi - Debbie we are going on the Golden Princess on May 22 out of NY would love to chat. Have never been on a transatlantic cruise before but think it will be fun. Still haven't gotten air fare figured out doesn't seem to be any deals out there so we will probably have to go with cruise line air fare.

What do you know about NY hotels? Where are you heading after the cruise?
Old January 14th, 2005, 06:22 PM
debbie B

Default Re: Re: Re: Britsh Isles Cruise -- Rough Seas?

Hi
We are flying from Montreal to London. We will spend 4 days in london prior to boarding the ship. After the cruise we will spend one night in London prior to going home. We booked our own flight quite a while ago and we used airmiles. This is our 4 cruise overseas. We have been to the Med twice and once to Australia. We have never been to the British Isles and we are looking forward to it I will be happy to share any information I have.
Debbie
Old January 16th, 2005, 10:26 AM
susancruzs

Boy, everyone is doing the Golden haven't found any Sea Princess people yet! I'm on the Sea Princess for 21 days, Sept. 3 - 24. First part is down to France, Spain, etc. for 7 days and then 14 days Transatlantic!

I'll keep checking, maybe someone is cruising when I am!

By the way, I think summer around the British Isles will be great, unless you get some rain and a storm I wouldn't think the seas would be much different than say off the coast of Canada/Alaska!

Check around the various sites for reviews around your time frame!

Susie
Old January 19th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Karen Adelman

Default Re: Re: Britsh Isles Cruise -- Rough Seas?

I have done the British isles and enjoyed it very much. I never felt rough seas, but it rained almost everyday. We were there in Aug. Irelnad...green and rainy Scotland...green and rainy. Bring Warm clothes...sweaters and slacls or jeans. It doesn't feel like summer!
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:43 PM
hcat

When would it be the warmest, least rainy & calmest seas?
Old January 22nd, 2005, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Never, our seasons blend into one !!! Wet

May and June are actually your best bet for Ireland and Scotland. For England, late June, July and August get the weather. Being further North and an island its fact that Ireland and Scotland are unpredictable re the weather..... So pack warm with a few t-shirts in case you are lucky !!!!!