Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2004, 04:07 PM
JoyceM

Default Antwerp

(My last post seems to be lost in cyberspace, so forgive if this appears twice.) We'll be in Antwerp for a day. It doesn't look practical to go all the way to wonderful Bruges (unless someone out there knows the secret!). Is there anything special to do in Antwerp itself? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2004, 01:04 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Antwerp

Joyce,

I know you are leaving shortly for your lovely cruise but just thought I would let you know that last year on the same cruise you are doing, we did go to Bruges for the day and loved it.

We went with another couple and walked up to the railway station from the dock, it isn't far and caught a train that went at about 10.00am. By the way, it is cheaper if four of you travel on the train together than two! We arrrived in Bruges around 11.30am and spent a lovely day there. We went on a canal ride, had a great lunch with the richest hot chocolates we have ever drunk and just wandered around. It is a beautiful city.

We returned to Antwerp around 4pm and had time to have a look at the city before boarding the Noordam. That day was the only dull day weatherwise we had on the entire trip. It was drizzling with rain when we tied up but the rain had stopped at Bruges and it was fine when we returned to Antwerp. I believe the weather in Antwerp was much worse than we experienced in Bruges. The rest of the trip was just brilliant sunshine.

Jennie

Until we sail on the Nautica - HongKong to Athens