Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2004, 03:30 PM
Bettylu

Default Black Sea

We've just made reservations for Oceania's Black Sea cruise next July. I'd like to hear from anyone taking this cruise this September and am wondering how the visas were handled. Did you get them on your own, or did Oceania collect passports as they do for other European ports. I look forward to getting some input on this matter. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2004, 02:48 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Black Sea

We are doing the Black Sea cruise on the Prinsendam this October.

This may be different for U.S. citizens but for Australians we do not need a visa for Bulgaria. Turkey we pay $20US when we land and for the Ukraine if we wanted a visa it would cost us over $100 each person. If we do a ships excursion, we do not need a visa so of course we are going to go with the ships excursions in the Ukraine.

Sorry I cannot help you anymore.

Jennie.

Until we sail on the Nautica - HongKong to Athens
Old September 3rd, 2004, 10:45 PM
Mike & Charlotte

Default Re: Black Sea

Hi Bettylu,

We have a thread on this cruise going on Cruise Critic. I also started one on Cruise Addicts, as well as here on CruiseMates, but no reponses to on those threads.

We're keeping a list of those onboard; they come in handy when planning independent shore excursions and also for planning a sailaway party.

Charlotte
Old September 4th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Mike & Charlotte

Default Re: Re: Black Sea

Bettylu,

Should have been a bit more specific above. I don't know where you're from, but there is no cost for US citizens for Turkish visas; that's more of an historical thing between Turkey and Australians.

Also, there's he link to our Cruise Critic thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...63#post1706363

Charlotte