Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2004, 08:35 AM
Cruisindarryl

Default Mille Med 6/05 Tenders & Formal Nights

Hello Mates!

I just love this sight! I have used it for several cruises and it is so nice to get first hand info. My family is sailing June 8 '05 for 12 nights on the MIllie.

Two questions: What is the dining schedule for formal, informal, casual and whicj ports are tendered and which are docked?

Itinerary is Barcelona, Villefranche, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples, Mykonos, Santorini, Piraeus, Dubrovnick and Venice.

Thanks for all the info on shoretours and sights to see, it has already been invaluable!

Take care,

CruisinD
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2004, 07:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Mille Med 6/05 Tenders & Formal Nights

Hi! We are taking the same ship, same date? have you received any info about the cruise, ports, excursions, I am new to this site. How many in your party are traveling and what are the ages?

Old January 6th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Hello, I see you are taking the same cruise my group is, I am one of 14 people, it is mine and my partners first cruise. I am looking for any tips you have to offer.

Brian

Old January 12th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Passenger

Hey Sharon and Brian!!

I have not been on this site during the holidays. I am so sorry for the delay in answering your posts.

Brian, I actually already said hi to you on another post about the shore tours.

Sharon to answer your questions, I am 43 and traveling with my senior parents and my sister (49) who is a quadreplegic. I plan all my family's excursions myself so it almost feels like I have spent time in Europe already! :-) I searched and search for info until I think I have planned a shore list that takes into account accessibility, our interests, and cost.

Villefranche - no tour, will meander around town.

Livorno - rent a car, drive into florence where we will meet up with a guide for a walking tour. Then drive back to port stopping at Pisa.

Civitavecchia - using Pappillion Services for a pick up at port 9:00am, tour of Rome, back to port by 5:00pm. Sounds nice but only 6 hours for Rome feels like an insult.

Naples - This is the only one I missed on according to your tips. No tour, just walking around and eating pizza

Athens - George at Spiros Taxi connected me with a guide with 17 passenger van for just my family's use for a 9 hour tour of Athens & Sounion with lunch by the seaside.

Santorini - no tour but I did find out that the vernicular is unaccessible for my sister, so the cruiseline is taking our tender around to a different port where we will then get a 10 minute taxi ride into town.

Mykonos - No tour, just admiring the view

Dubrovnik - Walking around the old town

Venice - private guide for walking and boat tour

Brian I asked in the other post if you were from Brunswick, Ga? We live in Jax. 17 people! That's great! The more the better when it comes to cruising. This will be my 12 cruise. Been to 12 Caribbean islands (some 3 or 4 times) including Venezuela and had a 3 day pre tour on a train in Alaska and then cruised southbound for 7 days to Vancouver. I have been on 5 different cruise lines and feel Celebrity is the best (Princess runs second but have not done them since Alaska in '99) This will be my 3rd Celebrity cruise (10 night Summit 4/03 and Century 7night 11/03). I was a cruise agent for 3 1/2 years.

I said all that to say this. I know it is a little delayed but if you need any help or advice, I will try.

I attached a pic of the 4 of us.

Lets keep in contact you two.

=D=

Old January 20th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Computer

To all cruise mates sailing on Millie 6/8/05,
Hi to all. Iam new ti this web site. I will be sailing with my adult daughter and a female friend. This is are first time to Europe and would appreciate all info on ports. We are trying to avoid booking tours on the ship. We are trying to find any ship mates who might be interested in booking private tours. If anyone out there is interested please contact me. Look forward to hearing from all.

Ellen
Old January 21st, 2005, 11:44 AM
Passenger

Thanks for all the info. D the info on the ports are great. It is a big concern to go all that way and miss out on a particular sight, but not spend the outragous of some of the tours.

I am from New Brunswick Canada, so not so close. This is my first cruise, I am one of a group of 14, mostly first timers. I look forward to meeting all the new people. This sight is great I am just getting used to it.

Talk again.

Brian