Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Terry Rene

Default Airport-Port Transfer Ideas?

Taking the Mille on Oct 12 but arranging own air transportation. Anyone have any suggestions on best way to get from Venice airport to Venice port and then Barcelona port to Barcelona airport? Any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2004, 11:40 AM
AR

Default Re: Airport-Port Transfer Ideas?

In Venice there's a city bus every half hour to/from the airport and the carpark at the head of the Grand Canal, which is fairly near the ship terminal.

Don't know about Barcelona. After disembarking there last year we stayed for several days then took the train to Madrid, stayed there a while, and flew home from there.
Old September 16th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Emm

I have found much more information on my upcoming Med. cruise on cruisecritic.com --

From my research, there are taxi's at the port in Barcelona to take you to the airport for about 22Euro--

BTW I cant imagine taking a city bus with luggage.
Old September 25th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Beginner

We are on Millie 15 May '05 starting in Barcelona and ending in Venice. I've been in contact with taxibarcelona@hotmail.com (Barcelona Taxi Tour) and have arranged pickup at Barcelona A/P to hotel (25 Euros) and then on to the pier a couple of days later (20 Euros). They need no advance deposit and indicated that they will be in contact with us in April '05 for our flight nos.

Additionally, others are raving about Angie at "Taxi Internacion" - taxiinternacion@terra.es.....they were a little higher (35 Euros a/p to hotel and 25 Euros hotel to pier).

From everything I've heard - I'd be comfortable with either company.

Good luck.

Pooh
Old September 25th, 2004, 10:57 PM
AR

Default Re: Re: Airport-Port Transfer Ideas?

Well, maybe you can't imagine it, but people do it all the time. Since it is a bus that runs to and from the airport, there is provision made for carrying luggage, just like the transfer busses that your favorite cruise line arranges for you.

In Europe folks are just as smart as we are, so they know that those who fly will probably have luggage.

I called it a city bus because it is operated by the city bus system, the same outfit that runs the vaporettos. It is a perfectly viable way to get from the airport to the city with luggage.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 05:06 PM
Rene E. Gracia

From the Venice airport to Cruise ship docks is easy it takes about 40 minutes at the most, you can take a taxi right outside the airport. Suggestion as soon you leave customs before you leave the airport go to a ATM machine that will be on your right side at the end. We pay with Euros, so I donít know if they will take us currency. (But that was OK, because you will use euros every ware the ship travels.

As soon you get out the airport all the way to your left is the taxi lane, hope in to one and it will take you to the docks - you will drop your luggage (The ship will take care of dropping it off your cabin) walk about 200 yards and that is it. (There is a vaporetto next to ship contracted by them to take you to Plaza San Marcos.) A taxi is the quickest and faster way to get to the ship. If I recall it was about 50 to 60 us but I am not 100% sure.

When you arrive to Barcelona, The day before the ship will collect your luggage and you will indicate how fast you need to be at the airport. Your luggage will be a big storage area all color tagged, you will spot your luggage real easy; as soon you leave the luggage area turn right and you will see on your right a lane for taxis that they can take you to the airport.

The process to collect your luggage and get a taxi should not take you more than 30-45 minutes (There are several hundred taxis waiting, so getting a taxi is not be a problem) I donít know how long it will take to get to the airport, because we stay in Barcelona for a few days, but from downtown to the airport it was not more than 45 minutes, so I will suspect that it will take no more than 1 hr, so if you leave the ship by 7:00 am or so by 9:00 or 9:15 you will be at the airport.