Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2004, 11:32 AM
Elimres

Default Med Cruise - Excursions or not?

I am going on the Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas on Oct. 9. I am unsure of how to get around at these ports:

Marseille, France
Villefranche (Nice), France
Livorno(Florence/Pisa),Italy
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Naples, Italy

Do I need excursions to get into town? Can I take a cab for a reasonable price? When are the excursions necessary?? We're trying to stay on budget and the excursions are $$. We are good at getting around Europe on our own, but if a cab is as much as a tour maybe it's worth it. Just wanted to check in ahead of time to get an idea...

Any help would be so appreciated!!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2004, 11:29 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Med Cruise - Excursions or not?

Regular crusiers will organise private shared tours with reliable local private drivers and guides which helps bring down the costs considerably if you can get a group of 6 or 8 together. These email addresses are some of the bests guides around and should get you started. info@florencetour.com (for Livorno) info@driveamalfi.com (for Naples) and sylvie.di.cristo@wanadoo.fr (for Villefranche and Marseille)
Old October 31st, 2004, 05:17 AM
lynda

i have been to most of those ports and found that you dont really need an excursion you can walk around most of the places easily but on some you get a good deal on taxi rides like in villefranche we walked round the sea front then got a taxi to take us up the top of the hills for about 20euros. those ports are really great places, have you been there before?
Old December 20th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Passenger

If you are visit,ing Turkey especially Ephesus you definitly need a guided tour.
regards
Nejat