Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2005, 06:45 PM
L. Wilson

Default Cruise Itinerary

Could anyone tell me if there are other cruise lines offering an itinerary similar to Crystal Serenity's Dover to Rome? This itinerary includes Dublin & Cork, Ireland, Oporto, Portugal, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Barcelona, Cannes, Florence, and Rome. This itinerary is just what we are looking for, but the Serenity is sold out except for the balcony and penthouse levels and we really aren't into black tie and formal evenings anyway. We love Oceania's ship size and their open seating, country club casual style. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Captain

Default Re: Cruise Itinerary

It seems like Princess had something similar in the past, but I don't know about this year. They have had some pretty unique and interesting itineraries in the past and are more affordable for most people that Crystal.

Best wishes,
Donna
Old January 12th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Margie Stinson

Default Re: Cruise Itinerary

We are scheduled on Grand Princess out of Galveston on April 16, which also stops in Ft Lauderdale prior to crossing. The ports are: Ponta Delgado, Azores; Lisbon, Portugal; Barcelona, Spain; Cannes, France; Livorno (Florence and Pisa), Italy; and debarkation in Rome. This hits most of your ports if you would be interested. Hope I have been of some help.

Margie in Houston
Old January 12th, 2005, 08:58 PM
L. Wilson

Default Re: Re: Cruise Itinerary

Margie,

Thanks for your reply to my request. I've found several cruises that cover most of the same ports, but none include both Ireland in the north and Spain, France and Italy in the south like Crystal's Serenity. My husband really would like to go back to Ireland and Crystal's itinerary would have given us a little taste of the Emerald Isle along with the additional ports in Spain and France that we have not yet visited.

Oh well, I appreciate your suggestion anyway. Guess we need to keep searching for the right fit.

Thanks,