Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Karen Adelman

Default Eastern Med...Help Please!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury! I need some advice here.
My DH and I are booked on the Galaxy July 25th sailing. We have visited the Med. before, but never the Esatern Med. After reading the boards..this is my tentative trip. Please read and make some suggestions.. If I missed something...let me know! I really thank you for taking the time!

Mykonos- Shuttle to town-walk around
rent car or atv-or taxi? any rec. fro an agency?
go to beach
Should we go to Delos?-tour or by ourselves

Rhodes- Walk old town
Street of Knights,Amphitheater,Temple of Apollo,Palace of Grand Masters[mosaics]
buy worry beads
Lindos..should we rent a car? any agency here? take half day tour?

Santorini-Mules up,Cable car down..any imput there?
Walk Fira
Oia
Winery
Akrotiri - not sure...is it closed????
Should we rent a car here, taxi or tour? agency ..sorry to ask yet again!

Kushadashi
Ephesus
Museum
Tour???

Naples- we have already been before and have seen Pompeii and Amalfi coast,cameo factory
We would love to go to Herculaneum..should we take Circumvissa<sp> train or take a tour?
Of course pizza and perhaps Museo Archetologico ****onale!

We have tried to get people fom the boards to join us , but have had no luck. The tours I am referring to are ship tours. due to lack of interest from other parties. I am also concerned that if I book private tours they will cost MORE because people might back out and I will be stuck with huge bills when I go! We are coming into Rome one day prior to our departure and I have booked private transfers from the airport to our hotel and to the port the following day and again back to the airport. on Aug. 5th. We have visited Rome a few times before ,and therefore really don't need more than one day.
I do have a question...We were interested in a Scavi tour, but we are coming in on a Sunday. I have requested this, but I am unsure if this tour is given on a Sun. It is NOT the last Sunday of the month!
Again...thank you all for reading and trying to help us have a great time!
Karen
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Mehmet

Default Re: Eastern Med...Help Please!

Dear Travelers,

Turkey has plenty to offer for the first visitors or the repeaters. The aim of Sea Spirit Travel is to make your visit to our beautiful country a real experience which will be memorable.
Differently, from the regular agents, we organize excursions according to the clienteles' profile, style and demand. Thus, from transfers to excursions toKusadasi( Ephesus)& Istanbul or the environs, or inside the whole country, we are here at your disposal and ready to share the usual and well-known Turkish Hospitality.
Please, do not hesitate sending us a mail to share your past experiences or simply request a service in Turkey.

Sincerely Yours,
Mehmet Ozakinci
Shorex & Land Programme

Your partner/local friend in Turkey
Old February 28th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Karen Adelman

Another question??? can someone recommend a car rental agency in Santorini? I think that is the way to go and I would like to here from someone with experience! THANK YOU! Karen
Old March 1st, 2005, 01:19 AM
Hanna

Default Re: Re: Eastern Med...Help Please!

Hey:
Renting a car in Greece, or Sanotorni rather is just like renting in Mexico! You get off, you walk a couple blocks and there are rental agencies everywhere!!! I rented 4 quads, lots of fun, I was too small for a scooter! Grab a map and just scoot all over the island, you can do the whole island in 3 hours if you don't stop to look, but since you will, cause it's worth it, make sure you check out the most picure"esque" point in Oia, and then make it all the way from one tip of the island to the other, it's a beautiful view (from Oia to the lighthouse on the otherside)
As for your other ports of calls I've only been to Naples on that list and since you've already done Almalfi, and Pompei, those were the best things to do! However, Vesuvius was good aswell! But not as exciting as Etna in Sicily! Anyways, enjoy and the cruise and as forSantorini, ummmm..... lets see, off the cable car, take a left, then a right when you see the chinese resturant (which is right in front of you), take another left at any opening , you'll end up on the "main street" and there are lots of rental places there. Have fun, Santorini was definitley one of my favorites.
Old March 1st, 2005, 01:35 AM
Hanna

Oh, by the way
For Naples, if you haven't already, I'd recommend the hydrofoil (another word for water taxi/bus) over to Capri, and then taking the little bus up to AnaCapri, and then doing the little chair lift ride, takes you right to the top, one of the best on my own tours I've ever done! The view, AMAZING. And Capri is beautiful.
Old March 1st, 2005, 07:24 AM
Karen Adelman

Thanks Hanna been there done that! I have traveled throught the med extensively, however have never been to Greece or Turkey. Theother ports, we have been to many times, both land and sea! I loved Capri and Ana Capri, Blue Grotto etc. I am hoping to get to Herculaneum as we haven't had time to do that! Of course ...soak up the atmosphere of Naples as well! Karen
Old March 2nd, 2005, 10:41 AM
Mehmet

Default Re: Re: Eastern Med...Help Please!

if interesitng any private tour in Istanbul & Kusadasi pls let us know