Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Passenger

Default Greek Island Cruises

We are looking for ideas for Greek Island cruises and would love to hear from those that have already taken this type of cruise.

Interested in your experiences cruising the Greek islands. Which cruiseline you chose and which itinerary best suited you.

Carnival Mardi Gras
NCL S.S. Norway
RCCL Majesty of the Seas
Carnival Fascination
Celebrity Zenith
Carnival Victory
Norwegian Sea
Voyager of the Seas

Carnival Legend~July 2005
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2005, 07:55 AM
venice

Default Re: Greek Island Cruises

I have cruised the Greek Islands 5 times..the good news is that you will absolutely enjoy them..the bad news is I cruise on Royal Olympic for all my cruises and they are bankrupt..I am looking at HAL, RCI and Princess for a 2006 cruise but am also considering Oceania

I've done the cruise both leaving from Athens and Venice and quite frankly I feel in love with Venice.. Santorini is my favorite all time Greek Island and as a matter of fact I am going to spend a week there in September of this year

Whichever cruise line you choose, you'll love the greek island, if you find a cruise that stops in Istanbul and Kusadasi by all means go for it
Old February 18th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Passenger

Have you heard anything about Louis Hellenic Cruises? Seems that they have very similar itineraries to what Royal Olympia offered.

Carnival Mardi Gras
NCL S.S. Norway
RCCL Majesty of the Seas
Carnival Fascination
Celebrity Zenith
Carnival Victory
Norwegian Sea
Voyager of the Seas

Carnival Legend~July 2005
Old February 18th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Karen Adelman

Default Re: Re: Greek Island Cruises

Herb, We are going on the Galaxy/Celebrity cruise July 25th. It does Greeck with a bit of Turkey. It is a wonderful line, we have sailed with Celebrity before. We have been to the Med. before, but never Greece. If you need more info E mail me!

Karen Queenk2@aol.com
Old February 18th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Olympic gone bust, cant beleive it!

They were the only true value Greek Isle cruising company. All the big guys just give you a taste, say one or two Greek ports out of a ten day Med cruise.

Hellenic, oops. Cant comment,,, but lets say they are not what a Brit, American or Canadian would expect from a cruise
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ztalumni
Default Re: Re: Greek Island Cruises

I went on the Costa Allegra a couple years back and it was a small ship- only about 800 some passengers- but the ports were great. It was a 10 day and we went to Genoa, Naples,Matla, Crete,Sicily and the Greek Isles. The boat was not the best- I usually only travel Royal Caribbean now- but it was my first cruise so, I did not know the difference- but the staff was great- sevice was impecable- the food was not all that- but we ate in the ports anyways. They do have bigger ships- it is an Italian cruise line and caters to Europeans- there were only 7 of us Americans on the whole boat- but most speak English and you will have an English host- There spa was great. Nice size cabins as well. Anyways, as I was saying- it is a European line and they have a different standard of luxury then us Americans...

Voyager of the Seas
March 12, 2005

Navigator of the Seas
March 2004

Costa Allegra
June 2002
Old March 5th, 2005, 09:04 PM
sungoddess

Where is Matla?
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Tiffani