Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2005, 06:30 AM
Passenger

Default RCC Italy, France, etc. Americans on board? Good cruise?

Hi, Does anyone have any opinions on the Royal Caribbean cruise out of Barcelona covering the Meditteranean? What boat did you go on and how was it. I will have my wife and three kids ages 12-16, we have always loved RCC in the past. Was this a good way to see Italy, parts of France, etc. Are the waters rough in this area in August? Finally, are there Americans on board? WOuld you say some, most or few? My kids love playing and talking with their peers. Could be a great experience if they were from other nations but not necessarily all.
Please help.
Thanks
ken
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2005, 10:45 AM
Passenger

Default Re: RCC Italy, France, etc. Americans on board? Good cruise

I did the 12-night cruise out of Barcelona on the Brilliance of the Seas. It was a great trip. The ship is great and I had no complaints. There were many, many Americans on board. I would have to guess, but probably the majority were Americans. The vast majority were English-speaking that I encountered. My trip was in October, so I can't tell you what the August waters will be like. However, in October we had what I would consider very smooth sailing. Rarely felt any movement. I found it a GREAT way to see multiple European destinations. The down side, is only one day in each port, but if you don't mind quick tourism, it might be right for you. The only negative I might see for your situation is with your kids. There were very few teens on board that I can recall. I'm not sure I saw more than a handful. The average passenger age was probably 50-60 or so. I am 42, and felt like a youngster on board. However, I was on the 12-night cruise, which might be more likely to have the older, retired crowd who can take that much time for a trip. If you're on a 7 day version, I bet the age will be lower and more likely to have teens on board. Hope this helps you some.
Old March 31st, 2005, 12:04 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: RCC Italy, France, etc. Americans on board? Good cr

Thanks dfwguy62, I also wonder if it was the 7 night cruise and in August when school was out, I would hope there would be way more teens. Thanks for the info.
Ken
Old April 2nd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Dave P

Hello...My wife and I, along with a another couple are also going on the 12-day cruise on the Brilliance this October 15th. Cannot wait. I suppose we have to do a lot of research on the areas we stop at including if we should do the ships shore excursions, or do our own. Someone said other passengers that have already taken this cruise might remember tour companies etc, that we can call ahead of time to make tour arrangements, obviously if they were reliable.

Hopefully, someone will have more info to give us.

Regards,

Dave
Old May 8th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Benny & Boo

We went on Splendor of the Seas last July. In July and August there will be more teens then the winter Carribean routes. We saw many teens, mostly American and British. If you want to explore on your own go to Florence by train. Also we highly reccommend the ship tour of Avignon and Saint Paul De Vence.
Old May 10th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Emm

I'm taking my two teenage daughters on the Brilliance this June. I would think that during school vacation time you will find children on board, though maybe not as many as on Caribbean cruises during the same time period. As most cruises, non school vacation sailings will have fewer children.