Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2005, 11:52 AM
cheza

Default doing your own thing in Katakolon - Greece

We normally do our own thing in ports and avoid the organised trips from the ship, but last year my sister got a taxi to the olympic birthplace and was ripped off by the taxi driver.

We are on a P&O cruise who want to charge 28 pounds (about $60) each, for a 4.1/2 trip. Should we just break with tradition and do a organised trip, or was my sister just unlucky. (another family had the police involved with a price disagreement of their taxi trip).

Any help gratefully received.
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to frank_holland Send a message via Yahoo to frank_holland
Default Re: doing your own thing in Katakolon - Greece

You don't want to stay in Katakolon itself as it's uhm a 1 street village and that's about it.
So you'd like to get away from there and using a cab is quite a nice option.
If that doesn't work out for the price you have in mind, another option is to rent a car/scooter.
We did rent a scooter and drove to Olympia which was quite nice and a lot cheaper then if we did the same on the organised trip.
It's been a while since I've been there, but another thing you can do is check out which other possibilities the cruiseline offers and then find a cheaper way to get there as well.

Caribbean Princess
Old September 11th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Beginner

Default http://katakolontaxi.googlepages.com/

The best tour for Olympia.I used this site
http://katakolontaxi.googlepages.com...as well.<br />
Old October 4th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Beginner

Default Re: http://katakolontaxi.googlepages.com/

Before 3 weeks I finished my interruptions.Ι had the occasion to visit a lot of parts and to see amazing things that really were unique.Τhey was one week where to me it will remain incredible and hopes that I will do again.I owe of course to report that in all me the excursions company with my husband,we preferred to be alone us and go to different parts and not only in those that to us proposed in the boat.Ιn this us it helped that we preferred always engage taxi,for a lot of and various reasons, as that the taxi they was always cheaper than the excursion of boat,we went to a lot of different parts and not only in that is the excursion etc.For example in you report I that in the harbour katakolon we committed a taxi that we found via Internet for our excursion in ancient Olympia and not only!!.In our beginning it was difficult we entrust somebody "unknown".Other him we tried!!!!I believe that they was our better choice from all, not only because they was our first time,other because as first time to us it confirmed that exists always a better choice than something usual.I would want through here to thank PANAGIOTIS ZAHAROPOULOS for the amazing day where we had also the occasion to pass amazingly.I make particular indication in this for through this we saw many and difference things.Forgive with if I became tedious other it deserves him you engage also you!!!More information you can find in his personal page in the internet with address
http://katakolontaxi.googlepages.com/