Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2005, 06:52 PM
First Mate

Default What Is The Best Value Euro Cruise For July 2005?

What is the best VALUE cruise for July in Europe? Also is Yahoo Travel a good site to find the best deals in cruises? Is it advisable to book cruise plus airfare together?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2005, 07:31 AM
emm

Default Re: What Is The Best Value Euro Cruise For July 2005?

I use vacationstogo.com to research pricing -- I also will check travelocity, expedia, and other sites -- I book my cruises with the same TA that I found online 10 years ago, as long as the pricing is within the same range as the internet fares I find.

I booked my Med. cruise last summer, for the end of June 2005. Right now the pricing is twice what I paid for my cabin. You may be able to find space for this July, but don't expect any bargain prices. I think using a cruise that goes to/from the same port might be the best "value" if you consider air costs. The older ships seem to have better pricing --

YOu can book the cruise with air included. I booked my own air -- for a couple reasons -- I wanted control of my flight choice of airline and connections. I also wanted to gain frequent flyer miles, which I couldnt do with cruise air. THe only plus to cruise air are the transfers included -- I always fly in the day prior so missing the ship isnt a problem.
Old April 26th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Captain

Default Re: Re: What Is The Best Value Euro Cruise For July 2005?

This is a lot harder than it was in year's past when we sailed several times for $999 including all fees in an outside cabin on a nice ship. Max for an outside cabin special was $1,499 for 12-night cruise. Ah, the good old days. The European cruises are really selling well despite increased capacity in Europe, so itís harder to find deals. The best deals will be on sailings that are not selling well, and they often have itineraries that are not as desirable for the majority of passengers. If you are a past passenger, Iíve received some e-mails with fairly good specials from Princess and Holland in the last few months. When Carnival first entered the European market this year, I saw some really good prices on that ship, but I believe they have gone up since then.

Another option that you might consider if you really want to go is to downgrade your cabin from balcony to inside or from suite to outside, etc.

The discount game changes from year to year, so one of the best resources I have found is www.cruisecompete.com. We recently found space with a travel agent who had reserved group space last year and got $1,300 per person off what most of the travel agents are charging for our cabin category for the sailing we selected.

I hope you can work it out because it is WONDERFUL.

Donna
Old April 26th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: What Is The Best Value Euro Cruise For July 2005

Hey I booked a cruise thru Skyauction.com on the Med for 630 each person inside cabin company is very trustworthy have booked several trips and cruises thru them