Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2005, 04:33 PM
psfine

Default greek isle shore excursions

We are a group of four who will be sailing on the 9/11/05 Grand Princess cruise to the Mediterranean/Greek Isles. Any suggestions for tour guides who speek good English, are reputable, and less expensive than the Princess shore excursions for the Greek ports?
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2005, 03:04 PM
JvB

Default Re: greek isle shore excursions

Hi! I just wrote you an earlier post. We have two excursions that we are looking for people for. We have arranged a tour in Kusadasi of Sirince, Priene, Didmya and Miletus--ancient ionian cities. We have been to Ephesus before so wanted to see something different.

In Naples, I have a tour arranged with Salvatore if you are interested of the Amalfi Coast. My husband will be doing Pompeii and Herculeaneum with the ship but he also would be interested in doing a private tour of those two sites if others
may be interested. Let me know.

Joan
Old July 10th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Please let me know about any independent shore excursion companies and/or taxi drivers that you have located. We won't be going until next summer. However, your tour in Kusadasi of Sirince, Priene, Didmya and Miletus--ancient ionian cities looks very interesting, as does your tour of the Amalfi Coast, especially as one of our ports next June (Nautica 6/8/06) will be Amalfi.

Who is Salvatore and how do we find out about the tour?

Joan
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: greek isle shore excursions

Just got back from the Millie Med cruise. Try Paul from Greek taxi in Athens. He speaks excellent English having lived in the U.S. for 25 years before returning to greece. His website is www.greektaxi.gr
Old July 15th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Emm

George Kokotos "George the Taxi Driver" I highly recommend for Athens.
Old January 12th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Beginner

Joan, who did you book your Kusadasi tour with to Sirince and the other Ionian cities? What is the time frame and cost? Have you completed this cruise? If so, how did you rate this tour? I am going in Oct '06.