Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to ibcarly
Default Grand Princess July 13, 05 Barcelona to Venice

My wife and I are sailing on the Grand Princess on July 13, 2005. Would anyone know which are the "MUST SEE" excursions in Rome, Naples, Athens, Istanbul, Kusadasi and Mykonos? And, "hello" to fellow passengers.
Carl
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2005, 04:31 PM
emre

Default Re: Grand Princess July 13, 05 Barcelona to Venice

I CAN RECOMMEND TO TAKE A LOOK TO THE WEB '' www.exploreistanbul.com '' OR '' www.istanbultours.info '' BEFORE VİSİTİNG İSTANBUL

REGARDS

EMRE
Old June 11th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Dr Dean

Carl

Contact with info@seaspirittravel.com
I made a great time this company in Turkey & Greece
Dean
Old June 16th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Ela

We are taking a private tour with Driver in Rome. If interested in sharing it, please email me.
Old June 17th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Gillian

Hi

A couple of observations for you:

Kusadasi. The harrassment from the shopkeepers at the Port was INTENSE and we eventually went back to the ship becuse enuf was enuf. BUT we began the morning at Ephesus (ancient ruins of a town) and that we found very interesting indeed.

Rome - Civitavechia is far from Rome but easily accessible by train.
In Rome we did the hop on hop off bus tour and declared it the worst anywhere we have ever been - so thats one tour NOT to do. Depending on your funds and your interests - consider something formal there.

Mykonos - we were happy to walk around.

Athens - we love walking around the Plaka and that plus the Acropolis is pretty much all we do in Athens.

Naples - depends on your interests. I love Naples - the clean / dirty / lavish / poor contrasts but there are lots of warnings about walking around.
Naples is the access point to the Isle of Capri and / or Sorrernto / and /or Pompei so it has to depend on what you like.
We took the ferry to Capri and the hydrofoil to Sorrento and the train back to Naples. (no time for Pompei too)

Hope this helps a bit. Let me know if you want more detail - if I can help I glaldy will.

Regards
Gillian