Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2005, 04:27 PM
shellysh

Default Mediterranean Cruise in August, 2006

Please give me any info you can on cruises for next Aug. I know it is not the best time to cruise the Mediterranean but that really is the only time we can go. I see that Carnival has a new ship"Liberty" that will be cruising. I am not that sure about Carnival but my main interest is the ports. I have cruised with Princess previously. I would appreciate any info you can give me. We will be celebrating our 40th wedding Anniversary.
Shelly
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Ronnie99

Default Re: Mediterranean Cruise in August, 2006

Shelly

We are booked on the Liberty for August 25 sailing. It leaves from Rome, goes to Naples; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Venice; Messina, Sicily; Barcelona; Cannes; and Florence. I am so looking forward to it. I have done alot of research on the different ports.
Old July 19th, 2005, 06:53 PM
shellysh

Ronnie,
Have you ever cruised with Carnival before? Did you check out any other cruise lines and their itineraries before you booked with Carnival?
Shelly
Old July 20th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Ronnie99

Default Re: Re: Mediterranean Cruise in August, 2006

Shelly;

I have cruised with Carnival 3 times before, this will be my 4th. I also cruised with NCL once before. Yes I checked out other cruiselines. Originally I wanted to hit a couple of Greek Isles and Cannes, but there were only one or two ships that did that and they werent in my timeframe I could travel. So I decided to leave Greece to another time and do all the Greek Isles.

I have never had a bad experience on Carnival. I find they are cheaper and have the same quality of service as the other cruiselines (NCL). I hear Holland America are for older people and RCCL and Princess generally are for the mid 30's- 50s. Carnival use to be known as the party line, but not any more. I just turned 40 and I find them to be mid 30's to 50s as well. And family oriented too.

Hope this helps!!!
Old July 20th, 2005, 03:43 PM
shellysh

Default Re: Re: Re: Mediterranean Cruise in August, 2006

Ronnie,
Thanks so much for your info. I really appreciate it.
Shelly
Old July 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
trackypup

Ronnie....If it's Greece and Cannes that you wanted, this is on Celebrities Galaxy, looks to be a much better choice.

Fri, Aug 25 Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy Departure Depart 7:00 PM
Sat, Aug 26 Naples, Italy Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 7:00 PM
Sun, Aug 27 At Sea
Mon, Aug 28 Mykonos, Greece Docked Arrive 12:00 PM Depart 11:59 PM
Tue, Aug 29 Santorini, Greece Tendered Arrive 8:00 AM Depart 9:00 PM
Wed, Aug 30 At Sea
Thu, Aug 31 Messina (Sicily), Italy Docked Arrive 9:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM
Fri, Sep 01 At Sea
Sat, Sep 02 Villefranche (Nice), France Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 10:00 PM
Sun, Sep 03 Florence, Italy Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 7:00 PM
Mon, Sep 04 Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy Arrival Arrive 7:00 AM
Old July 24th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Gillian

Hi

If you tell me exactly which Ports you have questions on I will gladly try and help. Aside from one excursion - we have always only done our own thing - and been pretty successful at it - so if I can - I will gladly help.

You can reach me at gillian@intekom.co.za

Regards
Gillian
Old October 11th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Passenger

Default Mediterranean Cruise - question for Gillian

My husband and I just returned from RCCL Explorer to the Eastern Caribbean. We sailed last year from Puerto Rico on the Adventure and Southern Caribbean .... both ships are great and like the line, but think Adventure better on all counts, mostly itinerary. BUT .... my question is this: We are seriously considering Med cruise from Barcelona next year. We always go in early Oct. since that's when we celebrate our anniversary. We almost booked on ship ... but hesitated. We like a Jr. Suite on deck 10 ... the only cabin available was at the very end of the ship. We checked it out before leaving and the balcony is definitely bigger and nice, but we like our privacy and although on one side there is the usual divider from floor to ceiling, as on other cabins, the other side is just the glass partition like Carnival and other lines have .... wasn't sure how that would work. But, he who hesitates is lost I guess, checked this morning and the cabin is gone. Looking at 9/30 or 10/7 departures as the Cruise Consultant on board said that the weather mid October can be rainy and windy ..... what exactly IS the weather in that area at that time frame? Also, we don't 'do' excursions .... just too independent I guess ... always research and read and usually do our own thing and like you, do just fine. Any info you can give would be appreciated on getting around, etc. I've never been to Europe before .... my husband only in London for business. Also, if deck 10 doesn't free up for a Jr. Suite later in that time frame, wondering what the difference is and if it's worth it to go the extra $900/1000 for a Grand Suite. We LIKE our cabin time and enjoy it, so once again, any info would be appreciated. Thanx! Charron (cmcdormand@comcast.net)
Old December 3rd, 2005, 09:07 PM
Beginner

Hi : check out the Princess cruise leaving from Venice on Aug. 20. We have booked that one because of the great itinerary that visits many of the Greek islands.