CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   European & Mediterranean Destinations (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/)
-   -   Palma De Mallora Tour Suggestions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/254498-palma-de-mallora-tour-suggestions.html)

Genn August 21st, 2005 10:07 PM

Palma De Mallora Tour Suggestions

Hello! Does anyone have any recomendations for tours in Palma De Mallorca? My parents will be on the Liberty and my husband and I will be on the Marco Polo. We will be in Palma on the same day and hoped to meet up for an independant tour. I have searched the internet but can't seem to find anything. I was in Palma years ago and took a day tour which included a bus ride up a very steep mountain, a open air train ride down the other side of the steep mountain and a boat ride around beautiful cliffs then back to the bus. It was wonderful.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Jennifer

ashleycooper April 26th, 2011 04:39 AM

Re: Palma De Mallora Tour Suggestions

Palma is a city of contrast; old and new fitting seamlessly amidst the palm lined avenues. As you enter the city into the more historic area, the massive Gothic Cathedral is an impressive sight. It 300 years to build, having been started in 1229 by King Jaume I. The side streets around the Cathedral provide an enjoyable walk through the real Mallorca, and thus the Spanish lifestyle of a living city.

Palma like most Mediterranean destinations has it's fair share of markets, but if you intend to go searching for a true bargain then it is best to arrive early, before 11am, in order to beat the crowds.

Enjoy Yourself! :)

flylink May 17th, 2011 04:08 AM

Re: Palma De Mallora Tour Suggestions

Thanks for sharing the information regarding the Palma De Mallora.. I have never been there but have heard a lot about the beauty of this place.. I have also heard that there is so much for shopping over there.. And also there is one place known as 'Enjabonarte' famous for selling soaps.. Enjabonarte is a specialty store that sells all the soaps you can imagine. Many of their soaps use olive oil and healing plants such as aloe vera..

johnthed0g November 18th, 2011 06:30 AM

We did the train ride via a ship's tour, we thought it was a waste of time, a bus ride to a seaside village that was basically closed then rushed to the train & left there.

Mallorcaprivatetourguides February 18th, 2013 05:40 PM

Mallorca private tour guides can help you with spanish Ports of call

If are you planning a mediterranean cruise, maybe are you calling in some spanish Ports.
As licensed private tour guides maybe we can help you with questions that maybe you will have.
We are based in Mallorca, but we work with another tour guides in other spanish Ports, so we can help you too in other Ports
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions
www.mallorcaprivatetourguides.com
In our blog mallorcaprivatetourguides | Find the best tour guide in Spain you will find interesting articles about Mallorca, history and tradittions, gastronomy...
Hope we can help you

malickk September 28th, 2013 11:40 PM

Palma cathedral is a beautiful place to visit it is a Gothic Roman Catholic cathedral located in Palma, Majorca, Spain, built on the site of a pre-existing Arab mosque. It sits within the old city of Palma atop the former citadel of the Roman city, between the Royal Palace of La Almudaina and the episcopal palace.