Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Passenger

Default Where to Stay in Venice?

Has anyone stayed a few nights in Venice that can give me suggestions for hotels?

My wife and I just need a nice CLEAN place with a PRIVATE bath near the cruise terminal. Nithing fancy just clean and friendly.
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2005, 08:09 PM
Beginner

We are staying at the Santa Chiara. It is near the cruise terminal and you can take a land taxi from the airport therefore saving you money.
Old January 19th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Beginner

Default Where to stay in Venice

After much research on other boards we booked the Agli Artisti hotel in Venice for our pre-cruise overnight stay. We don't go until September, so don't know from personal experience, but it has good reviews from other cruisers and on Tripadvisor. We chose it for the price (around 120 euros I think) and for its proximity to Piazza Romale where we will be dropped by the airport bus, and from where we will catch the free port bus the following day. Apparently it's only 5 minutes on foot or one stop on the waterbus to the hotel. We intend to leave the bulk of our luggage in the left luggage office in Piazza Romale and collect it the following day. Hope this helps
Old March 2nd, 2006, 05:46 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Where to stay in Venice

[quote="suekay"]when our you going in september. were on the golden princess and we will be in venice on oct 5th
Old March 4th, 2006, 11:53 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX
Default Venice hotels

We are cruising out of Venice in July and looking for a hotel the night before boarding the ship.I found these hotels listed,but as I have NEVER been, we are in the same boat Im still trying to decide..

RCI uses 2 hotels: Carlton Venice,Monaco and Grand Canal.

The others I found listed were Santa Chiara,Violino d'oro,Tiziano Hotel Venice,Kette,Anastasia hotel Venice,and Agli Artisti hotel.

Im learning toward Hotel Monaco and Grand Canal or Santa Chiara.Ive also looked at the hotels near the airport since I will not be arriving in Venice early enough to do any sightseeing.We arrive late the night before,so we are just looking for a place to rest before boarding.

If anyone comes up with anything good,please post! Dot
Old April 11th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Beginner

We stayed at the Sofitel hotel before our cruise, and thought it worked great for a pre-cruise hotel. There are positive reviews on tripadvisor.
You will find lots of reviews on www.tripadvisor.com
Old April 11th, 2006, 07:33 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

Thanks for the reply...Ive heard that was a great hotel..unfortunetly,Ive already booked a room and Im not sure how its going to be...but thanks anyway! Dot