Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Beginner

Default How much time to leave for return flight from Venice

My ship (Splendour of the Seas) docks at 7AM on Sunday. How close is the cruise port to the airport and much time do I need to leave to get to the airport? There is a flight at 11:25 AM. Is this cutting it too close? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:55 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to donahc Send a message via MSN to donahc
Default Re: How much time to leave for return flight from Venice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gls3000gt
My ship (Splendour of the Seas) docks at 7AM on Sunday. How close is the cruise port to the airport and much time do I need to leave to get to the airport? There is a flight at 11:25 AM. Is this cutting it too close? Thanks.
We signed up for the ship's shuttle to the airport. As best I recall, it took about 45 minutes or so, and we were there in ample time for our flight, since they only open the check in one hour before the flight. The airport in Venice is pretty chaotic, but everything seems to come together somehow and people get to their flights. As long as you get there by 10:00 or so, you'll be fine.

Donna

Alaska, Sea Princess 2002
Honolulu-Tahiti-Honolulu, Dawn Princess 2003
Panama Canal, Coral Princess 2004
East and West Caribbean, Star Princess 2004
Grand Mediterranean, Grand Princess 2005
British Isles, Golden Princess 2005
Islands of the Pacific Theater, Pacific Princess 2006
Baltic & Transatlantic, Star Princess 2006
Old February 25th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Passenger

The Venice airport is VERY small. It takes no time to get through the lines, but can be frustrating with how Italians form lines. They don't wait patiently for the person waiting before them to be seen, but yet they all form a mob around the desk and cut in front of you to be seen. With your schedule it sounds like you will have no problem getting there in time. Just be patient once you do arrive, especially for check in and anywhere else it isn't roped off to single-file the line.