Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2006, 12:43 PM
Beginner

Default Ephesus Trip Experiences

I read about Sammys Travel on some of cruise forums and their programmes looks very nice but I did not still decide to book our shore trip. There will be 8 of us on the Grand Princess arriving Kusadasi on Tuesday, May 9 at 8am and leaving at 5:00pm. Does anyone recommend this company for our Ephesus trip? Any personal experience/ suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Beginner

Hi,

We booked our Ephesus Trip with Sammys Travel last Sunday. Our cruise ship name was Perla ( Emerald ) and we would have limited time in Kusadasi dock. We would like to visit all historical sites Ephesus ruins, Artemissian, House of V. Mary and St John Bassilica. I would like to thanks Sammys Travel because they organised our trip memorial one and although we have limited time they fit all these site for us. I can definitly recommend them everyone.
Note: The guy Mehmet helped us all our trouble questions immediately.
Old June 10th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to thank for your recommendation. We had a wonderful time in Ephesus! Our guide was very knowledgeable and very nice! The schedule was great, the car was very comfortable, and lunch was delicious.

Also Mehmed (mehmet@sammystravel.com) answered all our questions immeditly. I highly recommend Sammys Travel everyone who visit Ephesus.

Cheers!!!
Old June 10th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Captain

We used the ship's tours WAY too long and have finally wised up to booking independently for some ports. We really appreciate this one since we are on the "Golden Princess" (Rome roundtrip) in November. BIG question though;
Does this company prepay for the admission tickets to sites that require them? I heard this is the biggest problem because the lines for tickets can really cut into your excursion time.

Thanks in advance, Robbie
Old June 11th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie H
We used the ship's tours WAY too long and have finally wised up to booking independently for some ports. We really appreciate this one since we are on the "Golden Princess" (Rome roundtrip) in November. BIG question though;
Does this company prepay for the admission tickets to sites that require them? I heard this is the biggest problem because the lines for tickets can really cut into your excursion time.

Thanks in advance, Robbie
Hi Robbie,

They organised our Ephesus Tour private basis and transportation, guide, driver, enterance fees, lunch included their prices. They request us to meet as soon as possible cruise docked because of the crowded. When we saw the big groups of people following the flag around on the Princess tours, we knew how lucky we were to have a private tour. Visit their web site ( www.ephesustours.org )
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Captain

Outstanding! Thanks again, Robbie
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:39 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to JamesFL
Default Excursion in Turkey

I had my private excursion at ephesus and istanbul through Imta Travel. They do their job properly and everything was on time. Proffesioanal tour guide, lunch at a perfect turkish village at Kusadsi and a driver who speaks fluently English. Istambul full day excursion was the same as they offered, nothing less. I strongly reccomend to all. They do best.
Old August 5th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Beginner

Default Hİ,

Me and my wife were in Ephesus July and had also a private tour with Mesut Yilmaz. We had an excellent day with him and I would reccomend him. His web page is www.mesutyilmaz.org

Good luck,
Old October 1st, 2006, 07:45 AM
Beginner

Default Ephesus & Istanbul Trips

Sammy's Travel will get great reviews from me. They were very efficient, had clean vehicles, good drivers, and knowledgable and friendly guides. I would recommend Sammy's Travel to anybody visiting Turkey. Memed gave me quick and promt answers while I was planing either my Istanbul or Kusadasi trips.
Old July 27th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Beginner

Default Sammys Travel

We traveled to Kusadasi on the Galaxy 5.2007. There are seven of us. Because of Sammys Travel this became our favorite port. We were meant with a driver and Sam the Rug man as our tour guide. He was awesome...teacher,historian,fluent english....ask Mahmet for him...also will show/sell you rugs if you like.Since they are not on the Euro currency cash is much easier...would highly suggest this company..professional,reasonable,reliable
Old March 15th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Beginner

Sammy's Travel will get great reviews from me. They were very efficient, had clean vehicles, good drivers, and knowledgable and friendly guides. I would recommend Sammy's Travel to anybody visiting Turkey. Memed gave me quick and promt answers while I was planing either my Istanbul or Kusadasi trips.

The website is : http://www.sammystravel.com/cruiseex...s/Kusadasi.htm[/url]