Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Default Dover, UK Driver and Hotels...for NCL Dream

We are thinking of taking the 9/20 Trans-Atlantic NCL Dream and wonder if anybody has done a hotel in Dover and found a reliable driver to pick us up and take us to ship. Also any great little hotels in London....that can be used by cruisers without breaking the bank.
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Hi there,

An excellent website which is used by most of us on P&O's website forum when looking for accomodation is http://www.smoothound.co.uk/

It allows you to search by region, or specific town. Then shows a list of approved hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, and rooms in local Pubs, along with star ratings, links to their websites, pictures & previous visitors comments.

As for transport to/from the Cruise terminal, this is no problem, as the terminal is less than a mile from the town centre.

Hope this helps, please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Alan & Katrina
and : Queen Victoria January 2016

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Britannia, Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(6), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva, Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old March 28th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Admiral

...Great site for all...thanks so much...Love you Brits!!
Old April 6th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Passenger

We are booked on the 12 day Baltic cruise on the Dream from 9/8 to 9/20.
My TA gave me info for the Best Western Churchill Hotel. Looks pretty good and approx. $155 per nite/for 2. My concern is getting from Gatwick to Dover. Not crazy about train ride. Does anyone know if there are cabs available?
Old April 13th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Beginner

We stayed at a small guest House Dell Guest House (www.bXb.co.uk) for 30 euros a night, which included a huge breakfast. We walked from the train station. Th4e couple, who ran/owned the guest house joined us with a couple from British Columbia who were taking the same cruise (the Baltics with Celebrity) and we shared a cab ( the guest house owner took care of everything- called the cab, etc. ) He was great. He provided us with a map of Dover, recommended a great Italian restaurant, etc. There is an email directly to the Guest House which I shall look up and post when I go through my travel mementos. By the way, the train is an easy alternative . Everyone travels that way. Enjoy
Old April 24th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Beginner

You can try this firm: - ICS, bookings@icskent.co.uk, Frank Gelder the proprietor seems very nice. Disclaimer: I have not yet used him, but will do so in June. He was recommended by our TA, and a bunch of us are using him on disembarkation day to get to Heathrow or London. If you're travelling later in the summer, I can report back on how it went.
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Beginner

Take the National Express coach to Dover Stay in a B&B close to the bus station the East Lee B&B is less than 1 block then take a 5 minute cabb ride to the ship. We even took the tube from Heathrew to the Holiday Inn in London. It was all inexpensive.

http://www.eastlee.co.uk https://www.nationalexpress.com
Old December 6th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Wow, this is a great website. Thanks for the info Kandajones. I have friends sailing on the Dream in May 2007. I was a little nervous finding them a place to stay, since they don't want to take the hotel pkg, NCL is offering. (I don't blame them, it's pretty costly and the hotels reviews were not that great) They're leaning toward a B&B in Dover now.
Thanks again
Monarch of the Seas Jan. 2005 Baja Calif.
NCL Dream Nov. 2005 Western Caribbean
Monarch of the Seas Mar 2006 Baja Calif.
NCL Star Oct. 2006 Mexican Riviera
NCL Pearl Nov. 2007 Southern Caribbean
Mariner of the Seas May 2009 Pacific Coastal
Mariner of the Seas June 2009 Mexican Riviera
RCI Radiance of the Seas
Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:53 AM
Beginner

Thanks kandajones! Great Site it is: smoothound.co.uk i just visit this site and mark my destination. I appreciate about your search and helps other.